Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford has only pitched 21 major league innings.

I believe that it would be fair for Woodford to be ruled out since that prorates to over 50 innings in a normal year. Otherwise, why wouldn’t Dylan Carlson be eligible? He didn’t meet the 130 plate appearance threshold that would be in place normally to lose rookie status.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Since we aren’t marrying lists this year, coordination of eligibles between the site and community is not a requirement. But if anyone is interested, this is what I wrote in our Top 50 intro/table of contents article (which is updated daily):

Andrew Knizner, Jake Woodford and Rangel Ravelo are considered graduated. We decided to be consistent with the national prospect raters.

Not said directly:

Players with MLB experience still eligible are Carlson, Sosa, Williams, Fernandez, Oviedo, Whitley, Elledge and Nogowski. It is not a spoiler to note that all eight will be somewhere in our 2021 Top 50.

Again, this is FYI only. The community can set your own eligibility criteria. This year is more confusing than ever so I don’t know if this helped or hurt, but there it is, anyway.

bccran
    Participant

25 –

FWIW – Carlson was a starting outfielder for the Cards during the last part of the season and into the playoffs. He’s penned in to be a starting OFer in 2021. Woodford hasn’t been penned or penciled into a position for the Cardinals yet either in the rotation or in the bullpen. Therefore, he might illicit some interesting discussion as posters vote for him somewhere in this countdown. Is it okay with you if we keep him eligible? Would also like to keep Knizner and Ravello eligible for the same reason.

bccran
    Participant

Former U. of Kentucky Wildcat left handed hurler Zack Thompson has been voted in as our #4 prospect.

The voting is now open for prospect #5.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#5 Elehuris Montero

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Montero @ #5

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

It would seem silly to miss out on Montero here since he has held a similar position in the past, but I would trade Montero for Jordan Walker every day of the week. Walker’s make up and overall approach are intriguing to say the least. Defensively, it’s funny, but I project Walker in right being more valuable than Montero at first.
    Walker at five.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Jordan Walker #5.
    I love his upside a little more than Montero’s, particularly without seeing Montero back to his old self following his hamate injury. I think he ends up in RF eventually, though no reason to move him off 3B in the near term. As far as tools, I love the power as it looks plus to elite at some points, though it will only play as well as his hitting develops in the future. Seems like a super intelligent young man with a good work ethic, so he’s a good kid to bet on in that regard. Overall I see him as an elite talent with a lot of development left to do. On upside and talent alone I think he’s right there with Gorman and Liberatore. He doesn’t have their track record so this is as high as I can put him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Montero is #5 for me. Wish he had gotten in a full year to show us he was healed from his hamate bone injury. But I still think he ends up as a guy who could hit .280 with 30 HRs some day. Not sure he’ll make it at 3B, but we shall see. Maybe he’s a LF/RF/DH, which still has value.

bccran
    Participant

Close race for #5 so far.

Montero – 3
    Walker – 2

As a side note, don’t forget that Knizner is eligible.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner will be around 13th-15th for me, but I’m sure he’ll be off the board here before then.

So Woodford, Knizner, Oviedo, Fernandez, Ravelo, Sosa, Williams, Whitley, Elledge and Nogowski remain eligible.

Carlson and Cabrera are not. Is that correct?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2020 Draft Picks, for anyone else who likes handy lists for reminders:

1 Jordan Walker
    2 Masyn Winn
    2Comp Tink Hence
    2CB Alec Burleson
    3 Levi Prater
    4 Ian Bedell
    5 LJ Jones IV

bccran
    Participant

Right, 25. Carlson and Cabrera are considered major leaguers as far as this voting is concerned, which makes them ineligible. Hope that’s okay with you.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the clarification, bc. Appreciate the effort that goes into compiling this. You are doing a fine job. 👍

bccran
    Participant

Thanks, 25.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Montero @ 5

14NyquisT
    Participant

Since Knizner is eligible, he’s my #5. There’s a chance he will be playing in St. Louis a lot more than most here expect. He could have an immediate impact… I have a feeling that with an open opportunity he will blossom in ’21.

Also…. I’m with stl25 I appreciate the job you are doing.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Montero #5

bccran
    Participant

So far in this #5 round, we have –

Montero – 5 votes
    Walker – 2 votes
    Knizner – 1 vote

We’ll keep the #5 voting open until 10pm CST this evening.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With a tip of the cap to our esteemed friends and posters south of the border, I break out the ole’ Espanol for this selection:

El selectione numero cinco es senor Elehuris “El Charging Toro” Montero desde Dominican Republic. Montero will swat mucho mucho largo dingers e tocar bueno defensivo.

bccran
    Participant

Final voting for prospect #5 –

Montero – 6
    Walker – 2
    Knizner – 1

The voting is now open for prospect #6.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

6. Knizner

14NyquisT
    Participant

Ditto…. Knizner

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 Walker

bccran
    Participant

Two for Knizner and one for Walker coming out of the chute for #6. We’ll call it and count the final votes this evening at 6pm CST.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.