Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 406 total)
  • Author
    Participant

#55 Capel #56 Gingery #57 Cuenca #58 YaSenka #59 Reichenborn

Participant

Paid - Three Months

A lot of “ifs” in this section:

55. Gianluca Dalatri – Good stuff and will shoot up the board with a little bit of health. I think he’ll have a bit of uptick in his FB too.

56. Steven Gingery – If the Lefty ever really gets a chance to pitch he has(had) the stuff to move quickly.

57. Garrett Williams – If a change of scenery and coaching philosophy turns the light on for his control/command he could be in the running for a MLB slot sooner than later.

58. Francisco Justo – Size and performance of a MLB rotation piece. If he continues to perform as he goes up the ladder he’ll be a MLB piece, even if only in the bullpen.

59. Angel Cuenca – Young, high risk prospect who has the ability (with Ludwin Jimenez I think) to be the next “big thing” pitching wise from the DSL. Should be in the GCL this year so that should provide some look at where he goes from here.

Participant

Paid - Annual

55. Angel Cuenca
    56. Francisco Justo
    57. Jeremy Rivas
    58. Conner Capel
    59. Steven Gingery

3 or 4 of these players could be in the top 20 in a year or 2.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since I bombed out on the last round, I don’t get to make many new picks:

55. Jeremy Rivas
    56. Diego Cordero
    57. Steven Gingery
    58. Angel Cuenca
    59. Francisco Justo. I have liked him since we drafted him. A junior college guy with big K numbers, he showed maturity by taking time off to care for his family, which ultimately may have cost him a chance to be a high draft pick. Still, I think he could move up this year if he gets a chance to play. The fastball-curve is a solid start.

Less than 12 hours to go in the voting!

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We had a number of folks drop out this round. We are still voting! Let’s go strong to #75 and then take a well earned break!

The final tally for #55-59:

55. Conner Capel
    56. Steven Gingery
    57. Michael YaSenka
    58. Angel Cuenca
    59. Garrett Williams

Voting is now open for #60-64. Voting will end at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT on December 25th.

Participant

Free

I dropped out of the voting a long time ago due to a lack of knowledge of a lot of the minor leaguers. I always enjoy reading what is written about a lot of them and it makes me more knowledgeable going forward. I appreciate all the comments everyone makes about the prospects.

Only 16 more to go.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

60. Tyler Reichenborn

61. Darlin Moqutte – In 2019 hit .390 with an ops of 1.030. 44 stolen bases in 99 games in DSL

62. Jacob Buchberger-

63. Jeremy Rivas

64. Francisco Justo

Participant

Paid - Annual

60- Statler
    61- Lunn
    62- Reichenborn
    63- Puello
    64- Walsh

Participant

Paid - Annual

60. Joerlin De Los Santos
    61. Irving Lopez
    62. Donivan Williams
    63. Nick Dunn
    64. Darlin Moquete

Participant

#60 – Reichborn

#61 – NHeredia

#62 – GJRodriguez

#63 – Burgos

#64 – Dunn

Participant

Paid - Annual

Ny, Diowill Burgos is no longer in the organization. We was sent to the Marlins in the Austin Dean trade. I was disappointed to see him leave.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t believe that Rivas isn’t getting more love on here. The Cards signed him for $600K, which is equivalent to a late 3rd round pick.

Also, NyQuist, do you mean Diowill Burgos? If so, he was traded last year in the Austin Dean deal. If you’d like to make an alternate selection, let me know.

Participant

I should have remembered that trade.

25…. #58 – Dunn…. #59 – Moquette

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My next batch…

60. Jeremy Rivas. He’s getting into the “criminally too low category.” A guy who has a good bat and should have a shot to stay at SS. He may be in the top 20 next year.

61. Diego Cordero. Low 90s stuff but he had a lot of success at Peoria and Palm Beach in 2019.

62. Francisco Justo. Maturity, strikeout stuff…he will make some hay in 2021.

63. Darlin Moquete. Not quite the same level as Malcom Nunez’s destruction of the DSL in 2018, he still had a great 2019. He may be able to make the jump to full season ball if all goes well.

64. Irving Lopez. He has the proximity, if nothing else. Might eventually sneak into the big leagues with his average hit, average 2B glove profile.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thus closes this round. A good round for Tylers! The tally:

60. Tyler Reichenborn
    61. Darlin Moquete
    62. Jeremy Rivas
    63. Joerlin De Los Santos
    64. Tyler Statler

Voting for #65-69 is now open. Voting will conclude at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT on Dec 28th.

Participant

Paid - Annual

65- Lunn
    66- Puello
    67- Walsh
    68- Portillo
    69- Pacheco

Participant

Paid - Three Months

65- F. Justo

66. Jacob Buchberger

67. D. Vinsky

68. C. Lunn

69. N. Heredia

Participant

There are many prospects in this range and a lot have been mentioned here. I have two OFers next off the low-A roster who should move up to advanced-A team in the Spring. There is opportunity there and the competition will be stiff. Several openings at the next level up.

#65 – NHeredia

#66 – CJRodriguez

#67 – Dunn

#68 – Machado…. remember Jonatan? Skipping 2020, he’ll be in his 5th season and still only 22 next month. His stock is down but he did hit fairly well at low-A in ’19. I’m giving him one more year to breakout.

#69 – Vinsky

Participant

Paid - Annual

65- Irving Lopez
    66- Donivan Williams
    67- Nick Dunn
    68- Leandro Cedeno
    69- Kyle Leahy

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Sorry I missed the last round. Young kids and Christmas.

I generally play around with a formula to try to input some subjectivity into my lists, but the next ones I’ll admit are purely based on who I like and who I read the box scores on to see how the did. So I guess these are some guys I’m really pulling for. Also I wrote one too many before I realized I left Justo off. Bonus at #70, so I guess don’t add him to the vote total.

65. Gianluca Dalatri – So I REALLY liked the 11th round pick a few years ago of John Kilichowski from Vanderbilt. I thought he was going to get over his injuries and take off. I’m proudly betting on the same dog at the track here with Dalatri. You can see the stuff will play in the big leagues, you just don’t know if the health will allow it. One of these lottery picks is going to pay off for me though!

66. Francisco Justo – I think this guy has the maturity and the make up to get to the Majors, even if he ends up in the bullpen. His story is easy to pull for.

67. Terry Fuller – He displayed a much improved hit tool (probably like a 35-40, but still) last year in JC and even to some degree in SC (123 DRC+ in JC) while still being below league average in age. He was so raw coming out of HS, you know it was going to take a while, but he’s to the point now though that he is holding his own and with his athleticism it’s easy to see him continuing to improve. If he gets any where near average as a hitter with his size and power he becomes a true thumper in that .240-.250 BA range that will still get you 30-40 HRs, albeit with 30% K rate and maybe a some walks thrown in for good measure. A power lefty bat who is a good athlete in the OF. There are worse things to have. He’s the longest of long shots, but, again, how doesn’t love dreaming about hitting the power ball!

68. Jake Burns – Dude hasn’t played an inning for the Cards, but I’m excited to see what the Aussie can do. Not much on the guy, but he seems to have a good hit tool, with some developing power and whatever mysticism that makes prospectors think people are good catchers. There is no stats really. Played 1 game in Australia this year and was 0 for 3 with a SO and and RBI and threw out 1 of 2 behind the plate while being about 10 years below the league average age. Not much to derive from that stat line.

69. Diego Cordero – He had a good ERA and made an All-Star team to go with a mid-season promotion. His peripherals are a little scary (xFIP (4.12/4.03) / DRA- (112/154)) and I don’t really know much about his repertoire, but he’s a lefty, so I guess he has a chance. Still, he’s gotten people out, but that profile hasn’t benefited some of the other soft tossing lefties in the system, so this year will probably tell a lot about him.

70. Scott Hurst – I’m a sucker for feel good stories about guys overcoming injuries to get to the majors. He’s got all the tools to be a good to above average CF, but can’t stay on the field long enough to develop them.

Participant

Paid - Annual

65.Buchberger 66.Vinsky 67.Lunn 68.Leahy 69.Justo

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My next group:

65. Diego Cordero. A softer tossing lefty, but he was pretty young last we saw him. Perhaps he will add a tick or two this year.

66. Francisco Justo. Agree with grenadier1 above. A big fan of this kid.

67. Irving Lopez. He could be the next utility guy call up. 2B is very thin, so we may get to see him sooner than later.

68. Jose Davilas. A 6-3 righty with a 88-91 mph fastball and supposedly a good feel for the curve, he was another big signing in the 2019-20 international class. The Cards bet on him so I will too.

69. Jake Walsh. We haven’t seen him in a while and he’s gonna have to get on his horse as a 25 year old. The righty was very solid in 2018 in A ball but had an injury setback last year. He’ll pair with my next pick in the next round to hopefully form a useful duo of intriguing sleeper arms.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Voting for this round has closed. The final tally:

65. Francisco Justo
    66. Connor Lunn
    67. Jacob Buchberger
    68. Irving Lopez
    69. David Vinsky

Voting for #70-75 (NOTE: 6 SPOTS) is now open. This is our last round. Voting will conclude at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT on December 31st.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

70 Heredia

71 Matt Chamberlain

72 Jake Burns

73 Jake Walsh

74 Pacheco

75 Dalatri

Participant

Paid - Three Months

70. Gianluca Dalatri – Really excited to see if he turns into what I think he can be.

71. Terry Fuller – Can always be a DE if this baseball thing doesn’t work out. Showed some development this year so I’m hopeful he can continue to improve, because at his size great things could happen.

72. Jake Burns – Super young, but has the tools. Probably a year early, but he could move up in a big way sooner rather than later.

73. Diego Cordero – Being a productive lefty will always give you a chance.

74. Scott Hurst – Atheleticism beset by injury. Hoping for a healthy year and a breakout of sorts at AA before he is surpassed by the younger talent on its way up.

75. Mac Lardner – 6’4″ lefty from Gonzaga…lets just close our eyes and pretend he’s a bigger version of Marco Gonzales.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 406 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years