Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2021 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You are correct on timing. Ideally, I would get to see them first and get the informal word on them in camp.

14NyquisT
    Participant

BW…. that’s the best thing to do. Thx

14NyquisT
    Participant

Flores Jr. was # 27 on CWS top-30 prospect list. Where does he fit in here?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think our new international signing, Luis Piño, may have fit into the top 50 as well if he’d been eligible in time.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would think Pino would be somewhere in the 15-20 range, Flores would be in a similar place as Garret Williams in the 30s, IMO.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Agree

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, I just did my best guess at a top 30, plus honorable mentions. There is a ton of turnover, downgrades, and upgrades. While there is an an increase of hitting prospects and depth, the pitching depth is `at all time low that can remember. I am keeping in mind that some will not keep up a hot streak, as they are now. Winn and Jew may fit in this category, but there is no denying their talent. In my mind, Burleson and Nootbaar are the biggest surprises. Nootbaar’s obp was always intriguing, but he has been hitting with power, which he had not shown before. I hope Burleson (along with Nootbaar) can keep up what he is doing, as he may vie for a starting outfield job in the next year or 2. I have Burleson up to my number 8 prospect.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’d be interested where Nootbaar, Pallante and Prater showed up.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Assuming that Whitley, Oviedo, Carlson, Williams and Sosa are not eligible, I have Walker moving up to 3, Burleson at 8, Pallante at 9, Nootbaar at 18, and Prater at 23.

14NyquisT
    Participant

It seems that you got the guys that will move up this fall/winter.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

If Walker keeps doing what he’s doing, I could see him leap frogging Gorman, Liberatore and Herrera actually.

19 years old, in A ball, 17/17 BB/K, 6 HR in 100 AB’s, 14 XBH’s in 100 AB’s, 1.185 OPS….. That’s not to shabby!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Yep….IMO Walker will be moved up asap. There are a few more that will push their way into a step up. Herrera is not having a top3 season. There will be a handful of prospect losing eligibility so spots will open up but that won’t make the farm system any better. We’ll see how the season numbers play out and select accordingly in the Fall.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am guessing Mcgreevy is in the top 6, and Baez in the top 15?

14NyquisT
    Participant

I’m guessing both will be a bit higher

Viewing 14 posts - 401 through 414 (of 414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.