Roster Matrix

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Roster Matrix

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 1,063 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh happy day! I live for new matrix days.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Double A pitcher Anthony “Big” Shew has retired.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the heads up, flood21.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Alternate Site Roster announced earlier today:

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I suppose the State College and Johnson City rosters will go away at some point in the next 30 days.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Assuming all the SC and JC players are invited to minor league spring training camp, I will probably sunset the old team rosters here at that time.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bernardo Flores Jr

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I didn’t see reported anywhere but Eric Lex has retired.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

His camp absence was covered for members here:

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Regarding Steven Gingery’s retirement, that was a really poor gamble by the Cardinals. Nice payday for Gingery, though, after pitching only 0.2 innings.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Low A pitcher Rodard Avelino was released. He wasn’t mentioned in the above article.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Looks like Bryce Denton has been released! 2nd round pick in 2015. I wonder how many others will be cut this year with the subtraction of several teams?

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

The Roster Matrix currently (06/18) shows IF Darlyn Del Villar in both Palm Beach and the Complex. The narrative has him in Palm Beach. The Complex total shows 34 but I believe it should be 37 (38 names are listed, including Del Villar).

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the heads up. The mess has been corrected.

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Glad to help. Thanks for maintaining this outstanding resource.
    -Joe

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matrix question. How long does Kramer Robertson have to be used exclusively at 2B before he gets moved there on the matrix?

(I have no idea if he is still considered a legit SS prospect just pushed off the position by Mendoza, or if he has actually morphed into a right side prospect. I do note that he has covered both SS and 3rd for a few innings.)

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Robertson is still shown as a shortstop. While his use in the first six weeks of the season has been at second base, he was primarily a SS until 2021. I am in no hurry to start moving people around based on shorter-term usage. I suppose I could label him a utility player and leave it at that.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Did I miss that Pimentel was released? I noticed that he is gone from DSL Blue but can’t find any info on him anywhere else. Was he part of the shuffle that occurred a few days ago?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pimentel was on the last line and accidentally deleted. He is back now. Thanks for bringing it up.

jlshetler
    Participant

Free

Brian,

Today (07/05) Memphis is showing 31+4, but I believe that roster is 32+3 with only Austin Dean, Alex FaGalde, and Johan Quezada on the IL.

Unrelated follow-up question: when does the DSL start? I’m seeing conflicting reports.

Thanks as always,
    Joe

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Nogowski is still listed on Cardinals and Memphis squads. This could be the cause of the number discrepancy. Holiday weekend so I assume things just haven’t caught up yet!

I am also interested in the DSL. Saw a report that at least one team is not fielding a DSL team this year. Is the season in jeopardy this year due to COVID-19?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nogowski has beeb removed and the numbers cleaned up. Thanks for the heads up.

The DSL opener remains July 12. The Cardinals will be getting back to me when the schedule is ready to be released.

Our preview is here.

Cardinals Adjust 2021 International Rosters

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

The FCL Transaction page shows RHP Reinys Portillo going to Palm Beach from FCL, but the Matrix has that switched.

Please do keep us updated on anything you hear about DSL news! They have a bunch of players to evaluate and train!

Thanks for all you do, Brian!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 1,063 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.