Questions about the New TCN – UPDATED 03/21

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Questions about the New TCN – UPDATED 03/21

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was not prompted to log in again when my issue happened. I did log out and back in to try again and it still failed. Once I erased it and wrote a short test post it worked again.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

stlcard25,
    That’s what happens to me all the time too.

Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I guess I have to hope it happens to me at some point so I can try to capture some data. There isn’t much to go on to try to address it yet. The advice to switch to another thread and then come back seems a possible workaround.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On another thread, Euro Dandy shared this information for those having trouble posting links to images.

gscott, I looked at both your and my posts and I see the difference. I’m using the actual image address. You are using the address one level up from the actual image (sort of like the folder the image sits in). It’s the same thing that was causing bikemike’s post to not work.

Not sure if you’re this interested, but here’s what you can do to make it work. If you use Chrome as your browser, go to the web page of the image and right click on the image itself. Then select “copy image address” — then use that address to post it on this site. BTW, it’s a very long address.

If you use Internet Explorer, then it’s a little different. Go to the web page of the image and right click on the image itself. Then select “properties” — one of the properties you will see is “address (URL)” — copy that address and use it to post on this site.

Other browsers might work differently, LOL.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just a thought, gscottar. Try following the directions using a random image not on Dropbox.

Tommy Herr

Yes, I can post images not associated with Dropbox but I still haven’t figured out how to make my public Dropbox pics work.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Seems like a question to ask Dropbox support. The problem is with how you are picking up the addresses of their images. As we saw, Euro could post your Dropbox images just fine. Another potential solution is to use a different site to put your images – if you really have a lot of your own images that you want to use.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by today’s site outages, which were close to four hours in total duration. All should be ok now – but I have said that before. Happy Holidays!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but one site bug has been fixed. Before, on threads of more than 40 pages/1000 posts (most notably the RUMORS thread), clicking the most recent time stamp took you the first page instead of the most recent post. This is now fixed.

However, a new irritation popped up at the same time. On the page from which you select one of the two forums, the timestamp shown there has changed from the most recent comment to the most recent new topic started. I will try to work on how to change this back as time allows.

Happy New Year to all!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had not noticed the bug fix, but thanks for fixing it!

I did notice the time stamp issue but so long as I scrolled a bit it was no big deal on the open forum, at least.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I did notice that fix on the Rumors thread. That is very much appreciated.

The only request I still have is to see if your developers can list the players in the roster matrix by position instead of by last name. Thanks for your efforts.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Do you mean to sort players on the team roster pages (rather than the matrix)?

Assuming so, that code is developed by a vendor. At least a year ago. I formally made a request to provide the ability to sort team rosters by different fields other than the default (name). It was accepted but without a date. I will check back.

Update: It does not seem to be in the plans anytime soon. I might be able to move it up the developer’s priority list if I paid him for it, but I already bought the code and a support contract. I think this a basic usability enhancement, but as long as he has a queue of other paying work, this won’t get done.

Also, I wanted to let folks know that on 1/1, all new subscriptions going forward will be annual. Current monthly and quarterly customers can remain on those plans.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So, a recent thing that’s popped up for me…when I try to check TCN from my tablet after I’m signed in on my phone, I get an error message that says that I’ve recently signed in on another device. This forces me to refresh and sign in again. Then if I go to the tablet again, I get the same error message. I’m guessing this is a sort of new security feature but perhaps it could be tweaked a little bit. I tried it and it gave me the message when I switched within the same minute.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, this is a new security feature. Some people have been paying for one subscription and then sharing their logon information with other people who do not pay. Unfortunately, for honest people like you, it is an inconvenience when switching between devices. I wish I didn’t have to do it, and am sorry for the bother, but it was a necessary step.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, thanks for the info, Brian. I do most of my checking on my phone anyway, and the new feature that lets you sign in straight from the page you’re on helps. You run a great site and I appreciate all you do you bring us the material you put out for us, which is the best around.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a Pugs test post being made by Brian.

Boyer14
    Participant

Free

How do I get a photo posted? The img button just shows the link.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When you paste the link make sure it doesn’t have https:// in there twice. I had that problem before.

Boyer14
    Participant

Free

When you paste the link make sure it doesn’t have https:// in there twice. I had that problem before.

Thanks

14NyquisT
    Participant

I tried…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those having trouble posting images, please check out EuroDandy’s explanation earlier on this page.

For example, here is Euro’s avatar… The function is working as normal.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Euro, that is very helpful. If you get a chance, please copy and paste it into the “Questions about the New TCN” thread pinned to the top so others can benefit from the tip later, too. Thanks.

These are the steps to quote another poster’s comments in your own post.

1. I copied the text from your message that I wanted to quote.
    2. I pasted that text to the top of this message.
    3. I highlighted that text.
    4. I hit the B-QUOTE function (at that point, you can see the quote tags applied).
    5. I then typed this reply below the quoted text.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have been getting this error message a lot lately:

Login Warning
    There was an issue with your log in. Your user account has logged in recently from a different location.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is a discussion about this message and why it has recently started to appear further up on this page. My guess is you are logging on from different devices from different places, such as a computer at home and a phone while traveling. The key is to log off the site from the one device before accessing the site with the other. Hope that clarifies.

P.S. A repeated reminder to those having intermittent inability to post comments – please log off and back on again to ensure your current location and status are updated and known by the system.

If you are having log on or posting issues, this thread is the place to note them. Please do not start new discussions on the board. But if you can read this, but not post, use the CONTACT US facility, located at the center of the red menu bar at the top of the page. Thanks.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the info.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reminder. To keep spam posters at bay, no more than one external link is allowed per comment.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years