Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 637 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Since the original article is from The Athletic and many do not subscribe, here is a recap of it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

More player anger…

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

It’s the commissioner’s fault that players cheated. Sure it is.

Players are happy to play in a game that sweeps their transgressions under the rug as much as possible until they aren’t. Then they turn on them.

I also love that Astros players have found their fall guy in Beltran. That big bully made them do it.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Boyer14, if you want to discuss a current topic, please use the existing discussion rather than starting so many new threads that are duplicates. Thank you.

Boyer14
    Participant

Free

Fact is old threads get lost, so what is your problem????????

I tried to get this forum going, but I quit.
    Bye, you let garbage go, but complain about me.
    This place will soon die. LOL

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Maybe I’m odd, but I am really curious as to what Boyer’s edit was on that post.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

So, Boyer14 committed the ultimately crime against humanity of starting a new thread on an old topic, so you had to merge it in to the proper thread and call him out publicly for his reprehensible behavior? Why not follow your own rules and post your rebuke to “The Cardinal Nation Message Board Posting Rules” sticky where it belongs?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I believe the original post was deleted, not merged. I didn’t see it so much as a call out, but a heads up in case the poster noticed that their post was missing.

As is, the thread wasn’t exactly furthering discussion…it was basically a one liner saying MLB didn’t do enough and the Astros should lose their Series title. Hardly worth starting a new topic, even if some of our other topics aren’t all that useful either.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I just think it should have been handled by a pm instead of a public callout.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I just think it should have been handled by a pm instead of a public callout.

We don’t have PMs here. (It’s a feature that would certainly be useful, IMO, although with the obvious chance it could be abused)

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I agree with you STL25. Brian is doing the job of a moderator. No need for anybody to take offense. As for TCN going away anytime soon, I don’t see it. MLB comments did that and I am glad I found TCN.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mm3, did you also use the stl message board at mlb.com? My username was Hard9. Just wondering if we’ve talked in the past.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Mm3, did you also use the stl message board at mlb.com? My username was Hard9. Just wondering if we’ve talked in the past.>

Yes I did and was quite active until MLB pulled the plug. I used the same user name there. MLB kind of lost control of their message boards and the trolls really took over. The beginning of the end was when they made fans of different teams share the same board after a game. They did change it back but too late. Things tended to get nasty and Cubs fans really got to be a pain. But, if you were there, you know what I am talking about.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Honestly, two fantastic handles there. Hard9 and Minuteman3. I can relate to one of those, and it isn’t the good one.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

yes, the game threads did get nasty, but overall was a fun time.

cycle, now that’s funny!
    +1

LaRussa had a saying “play a hard 9” and I butchered it!

14NyquisT
    Participant

Boyer14, if you want to discuss a current topic, please use the existing discussion rather than starting so many new threads that are duplicates. Thank you.

I agree with Brian Walton on this controversy. What is wrong with this comment? He is the keymaster and it is his duty to run the Forums as he sees fit… it is in his and the participants best interest to have the forums operate properly.

Saying that I find that conversations within a topic often evolve into other sub-topics. At times I find it difficult to find an appropriate topic to place a comment. Sometimes I go back two and three topic pages to find a corresponding place to post a certain thought.

I find Boyer14’s reply to be contrary to the spirit of the forums. It was my impression that he was very pleased to find The Cardinal Nation as an informative venue. So I found in hard to believe he would post such a derogatory comment. I advise him to cool off and rethink his attitude. I enjoy seeing new participants that become active posters. They usually add a fresh viewpoint which makes reading the forum more informative.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was glad to see Boyer14 showing up all over the forum. I always like new perspectives, new data, new thoughts or comments. I think he’s is being a little touchy for throwing a hissy fit because BW asked him to approach the board a little differently than he has been.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Boyer’s logic was circular. Old threads get lost because people start so many new ones. The less threads that are started, the less that will get lost.

I have no idea what thread he started that wasn’t kosher, but since Brian posted here, I assume it was about the Astros cheating. If that’s the case, it was only lost to a blind man.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

One of the things I hate about other sites is you’ll often get 3-4 threads on the same topic and the moderators don’t do anything about cleaning it up.

Boyer14
    Participant

Free

Bye, folks, enjoy a dying forum.
    I’m done. LOL

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Bye, folks, enjoy a dying forum.
    I’m done. LOL

I thought you already checked out? Is this a threat? Are you teasing us? I’m so confused.

Boyer14
    Participant

Free

Fact, bye to a lame site.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

As for Jeff Albert, I really hope he is telling the truth. Considering the fact that he was sitting on the Astro bench in 2018 while they were using their video room to decipher signals I can understand why some folks would be scratching their heads on how he would know nothing about it.

Anyway, hopefully he is clean and hopefully he can get our offense going. Good luck Jeff.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

He totally should have started another thread to say goodbye.

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.