Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 637 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It appears Red Sox players involved, having not been named, will avoid the public scorn directed at a number of the Astros hitters.

Participant

Free

They know the backlash if the Yankee fanbase got a hold of this. You think Houston was bad. lol

Honestly I think they just want to move on from this. How it took so long to announce this idk. Maybe it was a “oh we forgot about Boston”. Hell I didn’t know it was 4/20 on Monday until the night before. That’s what this pandemic has done more than anything else. I’ve lose a sense of time and day.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another team with sign-stealing allegations against them.

Participant

Paid - Annual

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

#lovejoekelly

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MLB really slapped Kelly down – eight games suspended. That is over 1/8 of the season!

Participant

Free

Kelly got what he deserved. Hitting a guy is one thing. Throwing at the head is a whole nother ballgame.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ironically, if MLB had taken any action at all against the Astros players, who were just as involved in the cheating as the managers, Kelly probably wouldn’t have ended up doing what he did and getting his suspension. I’m not saying that throwing near a player’s head is the right thing and Kelly got what was a proper suspension for such an act, but the entire saga was a failure in ability to set a proper punishment on the player side of things.

Participant

Free

Wrong Kelly didn’t get what he deserved, once again MLB screwed up big time….they trying to protect some of the BIGGEST Cheaters in the game EVER…sorry not even hitting anybody or really that close and getting 8 games…will be lucky if it ends up as 2 or 3 after appeal…Manfred is a joke and he just keeps making himself look like the biggest tard evver to run a sport.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unless it’s retroactive, big deal.

Participant

Free

…sorry not even hitting anybody or really that close and getting 8 games…will be lucky if it ends up as 2 or 3 after appeal…

I doubt it. MLB is sending a message. You are not going to get a slap on the wrist for making one team your preferred targets because they were not suspended. How do you know who did what? Who used the system and who didn’t. The chart that was published here months ago showed a lot of deviation in the players who ‘might’ have used the system and those who had not. IIRC, Altuve was one who showed very little evidence of ever using the trash can system. The problem is you want to punish everybody on the team or you want to pick out only certain people. A lot of them are with other teams now. I say MLB is trying to put a slammer on throwing at Astros players. I support that. Otherwise it will just turn into some little kids game being played by older men and making themselves look foolish. The Dodgers had other chances to win the World Series. They did not. EOS.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

My guess is there would have been a suspension no matter what, but the severity was increased by Kelly throwing at Bregman’s head. He didn’t have to do that to make his point.

TLR was as much of a baseball traditionalist as anyone, never backing down and all that. But one place where he absolutely drew the line was throwing at anyone above the shoulders.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Kelly went overboard, which is why the suspension was harsh, but the Astros had to know something like this was coming. Of all the teams highly miffed I am sure the Dodgers were the most miffed, and justifiably so.

Throwing at someone’s head is never ok but we probably haven’t seen the last message sent to the Cheatstros.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Surprising there haven’t been a few Conigliaro-type injuries over the years. Hamilton threw 90? With today’s velocity, it’s kind of scary.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Houston pitchers hit 5 A’s batters in their weekend series with none the other direction. A fight ensued on Sunday. There are bad feelings about MLB allegedly protecting the Astros. But we all know that Dusty would never use that to his advantage… 😉

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Even though his suspension was cut from eight to five games on appeal, Joe Kelly is still very angry.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This topic won’t go away… Mr. Baez is having a subpar season and wants his in-game video back.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Poor Javy. Someone should call a wambulance.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jeff Luhnow granted an extensive interview to a Houston TV station. He continues to insist he was set up by the Commissioner to take the fall and he had no knowledge of either the electronic sign stealing or the trash can banging.

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/2020/10/19/qa-full-37-minute-interview-with-former-astros-gm-jeff-luhnow/

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Athletic reviewed the evidence and put together what I believe is a strong case that Luhnow has been lying. Imagine that!

Sort of reminds of the old Mission Impossible message that the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions if you are caught, Mr. Phelps.

Hinch will be back in the game because he admitted he knew the cheating was occurring and did not stop it. Luhnow on the other hand seems highly unlikely to work in MLB ever again. Not only did he lie, he threw everyone he could under the bus, including his own employees, other teams and MLB itself.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Lunhow is less likely to work again in MLB again than Hinch mostly because he will have many more high paying opportunities outside of baseball.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I think it is more about ego than money. Just a guess, but I think Luhnow would love to get back into MLB just to stick it to all of them. But it is not going to happen. He threw under the bus everybody in his own (former) organization from the owner on down to the lowest level workers, other MLB teams and even the Commissioner’s Office. No one was spared from his blame deflecting. I am pretty sure his house has no mirrors.

That softball TV interview was an attempt to try to repair his image before he seeks offers elsewhere. A video job application.

He said at the end that he hopes to stay in sports, specifically mentioning the NFL, NBA and NHL. Fat chance. He ain’t gonna make squat working for an MLS team or the like. Making mistakes is one thing. Not owning up to them and torching even his own boss on his way out the door is another.

Simply put, he is radioactive for the major sports.

(But to show how out of touch with reality some fans are, in the last few days, I have seen at least two Twitter polls asking if the Cards should hire Luhnow back to replace Mo – and some people actually are voting yes.)

Viewing 25 posts - 601 through 625 (of 637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years