Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Houston Astros (and Red Sox) Stealing Signs

Viewing 12 posts - 626 through 637 (of 637 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Saw an article that said Lunhow is one of the favorites for the Angels GM job.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CC, none of the LA papers are saying that. They name four candidates, but he is not one of them. Was the story you saw in the “Luhnow Times”? 😉

Seriously, please share a link. I couldn’t find anything other than old blogger speculation about it. Thanks.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What is in the news is that the Astros laid off Kevin Goldstein, who was one of Luhnow’s top assistants for the last eight years (well seven plus 2020). The former Baseball Prospectus employee was pro scouting director then special assistant. Goldstein’s name came up in the video scandal with one report he suggested the use of in-game cameras, but that surely was not proven or he would have lost his job a year ago. He spent one year under the new GM, James Click.

https://theathletic.com/2171023/2020/10/30/astros-staff-cuts-include-kevin-goldstein-a-top-lieutenant-of-ex-gm-jeff-luhnow/

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This report says the Angels had 20 names, so maybe Luhnow was among them, though he was not named. I would still be amazed, though…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just to loop back around. Luhnow is not being mentioned anywhere that I can find.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Do over time in Beantown… In the old end of day Friday slot, the best time for controversial news…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now the reason for the TV interview is clear. Luhnow laid out his case ahead of filing a lawsuit that he was wrongfully fired and cheated out of millions in income. Looks like he waited to file until the suspensions were over and Hinch wss re-hired, making it clear that Luhnow is the odd man out.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! I had no idea that a GM could get a contract for himself for $22M-$31M. Good luck to Luhnow in winning his lawsuit. I think that the head of an organization is liable because of the ‘knew, or should have known’ argument that the lawyers made up for themselves to use at times like this.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Of course, Crane and Manfred discussed the penalties ahead of time. Manfred works for the owners, after all, not the other way around.

A possible spin…

Participant

Paid - Monthly

My guess is that this gets settled quietly, particularly if it would go to court. My guess is that there is a lot of dirty laundry at the bottom of the basket

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The lawyers always win…

Viewing 12 posts - 626 through 637 (of 637 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years