Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,726 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Lane Thomas has had a nice run the past month.

Past 28 days, 847 ops / 130 ops+ / 86 PA’s

Past 14 days, 1.097 ops / 195 ops+ / 44 PA’s

Past 7 days, 1.300 ops / 251 ops+ / 29 PA’s

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp’s line right now is .333/.467/1.125 for a 1.592 OPS, 6 HRs and 13 RBI. I’m really happy for Matt, and wish he was doing this in St Louis to end his career. I really do think he mentally struggled with the pressure to live up to the big extension Mo gave him and the fan displeasure over it (never mind that he was super underpaid for many years before that, we fans are a “what have you done for me lately?” bunch). I hope he tears up the AL all season.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Salsa, salsa, salsa.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Bernie said on the radio Carpenter refused to follow the hitting advise he was getting from the Cardinals. It was the hitting advise of the Yankees that he finally accepted.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bravo for Carp! It just wasn’t going to work for Carp in St. Louis or Texas at this stage in his career. Sometimes certain venues just trigger the best in a player. Matt Carpenter found his sweet spot in the Big Apple. He’s obviously not going to continue at the torrid pace he’s presently exhibiting, but if he can remain in pinstripes for the entire season, oh what a success story it would be.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yairo Munoz called up by the Phillies. Haven’t heard that name in awhile.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Congrats to Bake.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Checked on Adolis Garcia. 12 HR, 43 RBI. Both would be good for 2nd on our roster. His OBP is a lowly .288 making for an OPS+ of 111. That would place 6th on our team. He’s sporting a serious reverse split, hitting RHP well and bad against LHP. I’m not versed in interpreting defensive stats but there are 5 assists and 1 error. 378 innings in CF, 151 in RF.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Oscar Mercado was designated for assignment by Cleveland. The Cards still have Conner Capel and Jhon Torres, though neither is a lock to reach St. Louis.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ron Reed was one of those two sport guys, playing some in the NBA as well as pitching in MLB.

Bake McBride was yet another in the long list of bad deals our club made over the decade of the ‘70s. We just never seemed to get the value back that we gave up.

Garcia was a puzzling giveaway. Not sure what the thinking was on not at least giving him a look see, as Barney Fife might say.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he doesn’t get picked up by an MLB team, Mercado might be valuable outfield depth at Memphis. After all, his move from shortstop to center field seemed to open up his offensive potential.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I see Carp is 1 for his last 11. It was a good run but appears it is over. He won’t hang on much longer.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Max Schrock getting some run with the reds today.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

He’s not “in the news”, but I was looking up some recent former Cardinals stats and Seth Elledge has 25ip 1.80 ERA, 5 H/9, 0 HR, 1.8 BB/9 (always his weakness in STL), 12.6 K/9 for ATL AAA.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In some weird events, Oscar Mercado was DFAed by Cleveland in June. The Phillies claimed him but DFAed him a few days later. So Cleveland claimed him back.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Matt Carpenter started in RF today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mercado DFAed for the third time in the past few weeks, second time by the Guardians.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Losing Rondon could be considered an extra cost of carrying a couple pitchers that haven’t helped and we could do without.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Giants seem to have that magic we used to have of getting a pitcher another team didn’t want and really getting a lot out of them. Rondon fits that kind of mold.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Lane Thomas had his best month in June, 137 ops+, but in 33 July PA’s, only a 9 ops+.
    Overall in 268 2022 PA’s, he has logged a 90 ops+, played in 76 games, started 62 and split time as a left and center fielder.
    His last 7 GS have all been vs a lhb. He’ currently trending as a platoon starter on the small PA side.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Rondon saga is quite weird. I am not sure why they’d have let him go, but it makes you wonder if there was not some off the mound issue. I’d certain rather have him than VerHagen.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Rosenthal signed with the Giants. They placed him on the IL with a hamstring injury, but expected back soon.

Guess they like former Cardinal RP. Brebbia, Leone, and now Rosenthal. Cardinals prefer former KBO RP’s.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,726 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years