Fantasy “All Time” Cardinals Draft

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Fantasy “All Time” Cardinals Draft

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    kscardfan
    Participant

Free

95. kscardfan – in tough Dominican. Jousting Andujr

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Drunk texting . Sorry. Joaquin Andujar.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

My all time favorite pitcher to watch. He was magic with us. A total loon, but a delight to watch bat and pitch.
    He did the Genesis crouch long before Cabrera. His reaction would be, “Do you believe how awesome I am?” He couldn’t believe it either. He suddenly was the best pitcher in baseball. Remember Tudor’s run took three months to develop. Andujar was great as soon as he arrived. The ghost of Jose Cruz can be put to rest. I would trade Jose Cruz for Andujar and the two great months of Caesar Cedeno; plus in the Andujar trade we got rid of weak A Tony Scott.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Cedeno was awesome.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

96. gscottar – John Lackey, P

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

97. Nigel T Edgar Renteria SS

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

98. stlcard25 – Matt Carpenter, IF

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Round 11

91. flood21 – Lon Warneke
    92. bicyclemike – Slim Sallee, P
    93. jj-cf-stl – Howie Pollet, P
    94. forsch31 – Walker Cooper, C
    95. kscardfan – Joaquin Andujar, P
    97. Nigel T – Edgar Renteria, SS
    99. mudville – The next two at bats

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

How did Edgar survive this long. Nice pick Nigel T. Carp also a good pick. He played before the last couple years. East to forget how good he was at his peak.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

I have really struggled with SS. I felt after Ozzie, there were ten guys I rated equally.
    I was going to take a different SS right up until I picked Edgar.
    I nearly went utility, but I caved in and took a SS. I sensed someone would take one SS at utility.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How did Edgar survive this long. Nice pick Nigel T. Carp also a good pick. He played before the last couple years. East to forget how good he was at his peak.

Edgar was the guy I planned to pick since the draft order was set. I changed that choice after researching the SS class a little more; even after accounting for eras, I couldn’t pass up the Hall of Famer.

Yes, Marp is one of my all time favorite Cardinals. I don’t think any pitcher would feel comfortable facing prime Marp in a tight spot. Talk about a doubles machine. Throw in the positional versatility and he was an easy call for my bench.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

10.mudville-Julian Javier,2B I have a couple of anecdotes regarding ‘Hoolie’ (Javier’s nickname, for those who haven’t heard it before.) One of the anecdotes is that when I was down in the Dominican Republic, a young man from the Dominican Republic overheard that I was from St. Louis, so he came up to me and asked if I had heard of Julian Javier. I said ‘Sure. I’ve absolutely heard of him.’ It turns out that the kid was Javier’s great nephew. It all made me smile. It was a fun thing that happened. The other anecdote is that i remember some discussion of Javier’s contract negotiations on the radio. The word was that the front office made him an offer. But Hoolie told the front office that he couldn’t accept the offer because his wife said it wasn’t enough money.

My, oh my. How contract negotiations have changed!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mud finishes off Round 11. Mud starts round 12 as well

Round 11

91. flood21 – Lon Warneke
    92. bicyclemike – Slim Sallee, P
    93. jj-cf-stl – Howie Pollet, P
    94. forsch31 – Walker Cooper, C
    95. kscardfan – Joaquin Andujar, P
    97. Nigel T – Edgar Renteria, SS
    99. mudville – Julian Javier, 2B

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

100.Andrés Galarraga -.1B This player had a 20 year MLB career with HR 399, OPS .846, and two Gold Gloves. He spent most of his career with Montreal and Colorado, and only 1 year with the Cardinals.

Not sure why Galarraga is not in the HOF.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

El Gato Grande was mucho bueno

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not an absolute requirement but I feel we need at least one reliever so I’ll go

101. stlcard25 – Tom Henke, P

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

102 Nigel T Bobby Bonilla UT

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great stuff on Javier, Mudville. I was thinking of getting him as a bench guy if he was available late.

My favorite Javier story involves a pitcher of that era, Joey Jay. He was a pretty good starter, winning 20+ games one year. I guess the Cardinal players used to tease Hoolie and ask him how he hit “Hoey Hay”. 😀

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

103. gscottar – Pedro Guerrero, Bench

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

You just took my next pick. Pete was way too good to make it all the way back. I struggled between Pedro and Bonilla. I took the switch hitter.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Guerrero was a great hitter. We got him soon after Jack Clark.

Ironically Pedro was playing LF for the Dodgers the day Jack hit the famous homer in game 6 of the 1985 NLCS. Pedro threw his glove down in disgust as the ball sailed over his head into the seats.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Your bench has thunder

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Galarraga falls short of the HOF because his Coors numbers fall short of Helton’s and his over all numbers fall short of McGriff.

31 war just doesn’t get him in.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That 67′ team has always been my favorite. Maxvill, Javier and Flood up the middle.
    I guess I was just the right age (11) because I absolutely feel in love with that club.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

67 was awesome. I was 12. Gibby homering in the series.

104. Danny Cox, P

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.