2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Wild Card Game – Wed 10/6 – at LAD

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Time for a shot of Scotch

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Here comes “heart attack” Reyes.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bellinger steals again because Reyes throws a 1-1 pitch in the dirt. Who didn’t see this climax coming?

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh well …

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And now Reyes gives up a walk off HR. Shildt has got to be the biggest idiot in baseball.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And that’s on schildt. No reason for Reyes to be in there in a pressure situation with all the arms available to pitch.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

??????????????????????????????????

SHILDT????????????????????????????

REYES?????????????????????????????

WHAT IS HEAVEN’S NAME WAS SHILDT THINKING??????????

HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU FOLKS?????????????

r/STEAMED RAT

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I have to say, at this point, that Shildt might need to look for a new job. This might be a knee-jerk reaction but how many times does he have to see it???????????????/

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow not like this hasn’t happened before huh?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tough way to lose it. Time for the offseason. 🙁

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

Yep fire shildt and rid of reyes… everyone saw that comin

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

10th homer that our “closer” gave up this year

GACard
    Participant

Free

Bring in the guy that you pulled from closer role with season on the line. Schildt should never manage another game in the major leagues

David
    Participant

Free

Proud of this team.. standing ovation for my. Cardinals. If thw Cubs we’re awaiting the winner , Cardinals would have won. It was meant to be.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This one is on our “sluggers”…… bad bad bad tonight! A hearty tip of the cap to Tommy E. and Waino.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How many times can you just keep making the same mistake before you get called on it. Yea we had lots of scoring opportunities and should have already won the game but we didn’t. At that point, the manager has to show what he’s got to bring to the table. And what does schildt bring, Reyes, the guy who hadn’t been able to handle the pressure all the second half. We had better options or hey let mcfarland finish. I trusted him a lot more than Reyes. Just dumb move. I like this team going into next year but I don’t think the manager can get it done in big games when he needs to make right moves.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got to congratulate the team for how far they came this year. Didn’t do post season so good but it was a hard fought game. Got some young guys with a taste of post season play. Maybe next year we will be alot better. A few lessons to be learned there tonight. Really no excuse for repeating the same mistakes. Better check your pride. Team really needs to hit better. Defense and pitching are ok. Great run at the end of regular season.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes it was a great run after a bad middle. I guess you can say baby steps. A lot of guys made big strides this year. Hopefully they just keep on getting better. I just don’t know about schildt. He doesn’t seem to do what we expect of the players. We expect the players to learn from their failures and get better but schildt just doesn’t seem capable of that. Reyes has shown this whole second half that he can’t handle pressure but yet here he was in the most pressure filled moment possible. Have to manage better.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Really not sure how Reyes recovers for next year. He got blasted a lot in the 2nd half and that had to be soul crushing. Sure Reyes made the pitch but this loss is on 50% on Shildt’s poor management there at the end. The 50% is on the offense who didn’t even bother to show up outside of Tommy Edman. This is one reason I was upset all the starters kept getting pulled and rest in those last 5 games. Its like the team lost the fire after the streak ended, which happened right after the clinched.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Would rather have seen Flaherty out there. But with some bullpen changes we have a good baseline for next year. This game was 1-1 going into the 9th with arguably the best team in baseball who were throwing their entire tool box at us. But opportunity lost for sure by putting our shakiest reliever out there in that situation.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Why did Gallegos get pulled? I thought they double switched so they could get two innings out of him. Regardless, if you’ve been even remotely watching the last couple months, who would trust Reyes over Whitley or Cabrera? So disappointing to have the season end on an unnecessary, brain-dead managerial decision. That was special stuff from Shildty.

David
    Participant

Free

It is sickening how these analyst try to compare Dodgers fans with Cardinals fans. Making excuses as to why they’re not there in the first. Dodger fans have nothing on Cardinals fans.

David
    Participant

Free

This game is on no one. Cardinals didn’t come up with the big hit and Dodgers did.bottom line.I’m proud of my Cardinals.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes I did t really understand gallegos getting taken out there. The dodgers pinched hit so we sent McFarland in and then I think they countered with pujols. Which I think is bull. If pitchers have to stay in, a pinch hitter should have to hit. Just my opinion but oh well. Reyes better ng in there just blows my mind when you have flaherty and especially Hudson. I guess bringing those guys in puts them maybe batting soon since gallegos was in seventh spot but if the pitcher is getting outs, let him bat. The main thing there was to get to extra innings and I don’t think there is anyone on this board who thought Reyes should be in there.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.