2021 Spring training game thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Spring training game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 506 total)
  • Author
    PadsFS
    Participant

I don’t know what you do with Carpenter, other than cut him. Has anyone with this many PAs in spring hit as bad .033?

1982 willie
    Participant

Starting pitching wasn’t bad today. I guess putting carlson in center sapped him, he went hitless. This game didn’t do anything to solve the outfield problem.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

Pads

Haven’t you heard? The Cardinals said that Carpenter will be a semi-night contributor and an impact bat off the bench.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I cant post again.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wednesday lineup:

Carlson 8
    Goldschmidt 3
    Arenado 5
    Carpenter 4
    Molina 2
    Dean 9
    Nogowski 7
    J Rondon 6
    Martínez 1

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Who’s going to hit a homerun first this year, either in spring training or the regular season – Arenado or Carpenter?

My $$$ is on Arenado.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He will probably get his BA up to .200 first too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nogowski stating his case for that roster spot…hits a homer to LF.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos settling in for the 3rd. He threw only one sinker and everything else was breaking. He finished the inning by striking out Lindor on a filthy slider. He’s been around 91-92 with the sinker, 93-95 with the four seamer today.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos through 5 on a HBP, single, double play ball and a K of Nimmo where he made him look silly. 1-0 Cards

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos walks Lindor to start the 6th, then makes our cleanup man for 2022, Conforto, look like a minor leaguer on a k.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos gets a K of McNeil to finish the 6th on 89 pitches. He gave up a single that probably happened due to Nogowski in LF to put men on the corners. A lot of movement on his pitches today and he looked confident while working quickly.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have to admit that Woodford has looked better than I thought this spring. I’m still not convinced that he’s a starter for St Louis long term, but he could thrive in the John Gant/Ponce swing man role.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bally Sports Midwest question……

Will anything change on 1 April? Will I still be able to get the Cardinal games here in SW Indiana?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In the last roster spot competition for the day, Dean is 0-3 with three Ks and Nogowski is 2-2 with a homer, single and walk.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cards go with 4 outfielders, and 13 pitchers, is there not room for Nogowski, Sosa, Carpenter, and Rondon? I think Dean is on the outside looking in, but still in the mix to be recalled while Bader is out. Nogowski couldn’t be much worse of a left fielder than Holiday.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I also think Williams could be our 2022 DH.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A much needed, and great outing by CMart today. Woodford has had an excellent camp as well.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks is in…and starts things off with a 4 pitch walk.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

How did Nogowski look on his two (or more) chances? Evidentially from ‘25 on of the singles could have been an out if O’Neil were fielding)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks closes out the 3-0 win.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think O’Neil could have caught the 1 I saw.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How did Carp look on defense?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I almost forgot. The game started at 1:00 and for my din-din I had beef neck bones. They were baked in the oven for about 45 minutes and then boiled with just a wee bit of salt and some chicken broth. Then some potatoes were put in the pan with them.

Neckbones and potatoes, doesnt get much better than that. I wonder if Pugs has ever had such a gourmet feast?

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t really speak to overall defensive looks as I had the video on while I was doing other things out in the woods, then switched to audio for the drive home (last three innings). I don’t recall hearing Carp’s name called on defense though.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 506 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.