2021 Spring training game thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Spring training game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 506 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Just quoting from Jim Edmonds, Forsch. Again, I’m not the only fan who is down on Bader. Lots of fans are. They don’t care for his “Schtick”. Lots of fans on both sides of the issue.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Bader, as a kid, watched Schumaker. Now he is a right-handed Skip.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

What Jim didn’t say is how much he likes the roar of the crowd when he makes that unnecessary lunging catch coming in.

Just quoting from Jim Edmonds,

So which is it, bc? My point is how you can read Bader’s mind.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Imagine how depraved a person must be to enjoy the thrill of pleasing the crowd. What a bum that Bader is.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What Jim didn’t say is how much he likes the roar of the crowd when he makes that unnecessary lunging catch coming in.

And Edmonds used to like crashing into the wall or sprawling out on the field unnecessarily for dramatic effect when he didn’t have to. Big deal.

bccran
    Participant

Good point, 14. We’ll see how he does when he can’t constantly fiddle with his gloves. Hope he turns into a consistently good hitter against both LHs and RHs.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Sorry if this has already been said but is today’s game on TV? Anyone watching it?

bccran
    Participant

Fox Sports Midwest.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

I’m watching on the iPhone mlb app. The strike zone is only 1/8th inch wide.

bccran
    Participant

0-0 in the 5th. 1 earned run so far in the 1st 2 games.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where’s that broken record photo, again??

bccran
    Participant

Oh, so sorry, 25. But am I allowed to be just a tad worried about the offensive ability to score runs? In the first 15 innings of ST we’ve scored 1 earned run.
    Oh, that’s right. The pitchers are ahead of the hitters in early Spring. That explains it.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s 16 innings. Relax. There are many more games for you to ramp up your second guessing and caviling.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

This is only the 2nd game of the spring right……..

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

In the first 15 innings of ST we’ve scored 1 earned run.

Our starting 8 has a cummulative .393 OBP so far this season (8 for 25 with 3 walks). Sheesh.

bccran
    Participant

Another put down, 25? Is it hard for you to be nice? And civil? Are you starting to get like jj?

When (and if) O’Neill and Bader come around, I’ll be right there leading the cheers. And if they don’t come around and additionally the Cardinals have trouble hitting in the clutch and scoring runs again in 2021, I’ll still be making disappointed comments. 100% transparency.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

In today’s game, we had 14 plate appearances by players (6) who are expected to make the major league team this year. In those 14 PAs, we went 3-12 with 2 walks. This is a line of .250/.357/.250/.607. That included 6 PAs combined by Molina, Arenado and Goldschmidt. Carpenter, who isn’t expected to have a regular starting spot, had 2 ABs. O’Neill and Bader had 6 PAs between them with a hit and a walk.

It’s only the 2nd spring training game so I am not going to worry.

bccran
    Participant

How many Ks did O’Neill and Bader have, Forsch? What was the percentage compared to plate appearances? That’s what has to be cut down for them to be more effective.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Arenado has a strikeout. DeJong has a strikeout. Arenado has a 25% strikeout rate. DeJong has a 50% strikeout rate. And you want to complain about O’Neill and Bader in the SECOND SPRING TRAINING game??????

This obsession of yours is getting pretty pathetic, IMO. I’m done.

1982 willie
    Participant

Some people just have hatred on their mind. Just sit back and enjoy the games. We are only two games into spring training but all this nonsense on here makes it seem like we are already midseason.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Actually, 1982, I would enjoy the games more if I could get FSMW. Then I wouldn’t come on here as much to see what things look like for the team.

1982 willie
    Participant

Sorry forsch. I had to work so I didn’t get to see today. I wasn’t really talking about you though.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I assumed you weren’t but I still need FSMW!

bccran
    Participant

Forsch, I’m not worried about the performance of Nolan Arenado or Paul Goldschmidt. They are arguably future Hall of Famers. Arenado certainly is.

I’m worried that our outfield last season was one of the weakest offensive outfields in MLB. I’m watching to see if there’s improvement. Does one game mean anything? No. But the fact the O’Neill and Bader struck out 50% of the time today in the aggregate is noted. I sure hope that improves over the next 22 ST games. I’m sure you do too.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cranny, you are taking a lot of unnecessary hits. I wonder how that got started?! You’re entitled to say whatever you want as long as it’s within the posting rules. But what’s going on here is kind of like bullying, IMO.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 506 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.