2021 Spring training game thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Spring training game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 506 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitched well, hit well, a good day of practice.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I guess adjusting your gloves and stepping out doesn’t affect your hitting after all.

Bader is a miracle. In 1 day he raised his batting average 33 points and his OPS 44 points. That doesn’t happen very often…..unless it is a small sample size to try to make a judgement from.

1982 willie
    Participant

I guess some people just can’t resist being negative

bccran
    Participant

More like realistic, Willie.
    No rose colored glasses. Honest,
    transparent assessment. That’s allowed,
    isn’t it?

And one soft line drive that drops in for a single and Forsch takes a gulp of the Baderade.

1982 willie
    Participant

No it isn’t realistic it’s not even close. In fact it’s rude behavior, apparently no one taught you good manners. If bader wants to adjust his gloves, step out of the box, or tap his heels with a bat like gamers do, then it’s his business and all fine. Maybe if you had done that, maybe you might have had your picture on a baseball card. You don’t want people to be rude to you but you go out of your way to be rude to players. Funny I could have been talking about some other post but since you knew you were guilty, you jumped right on it. You wanted honesty, there you have it.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

bccran

And one soft line drive that drops in for a single and Forsch takes a gulp of the Baderade.

bccran

But there’s the old adage of “attack the post and not the poster” that might be a good rule for everyone to follow.

Hmmmm

bccran
    Participant

You’re right, Forsch. Apologies.

I must say, though, that I’m not impressed with a 6th inning single off a guy who had a 6.34 ERA last season.

Now that hit by O’Neill off Scherzer on a pitch at the knees on the outside corner?
    That was impressive.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Are we going to have to hear about Bader and whatever you don’t like every time he doesn’t succeed?

bccran
    Participant

Maybe. I’m really worried about DeJong too right now. You?

1982 willie
    Participant

Decent pitching today, I would have liked to seen a better job by gant. Bullpen seemed good though with webb and miller, you are never sure what you are going to get. With mikolas and kim iffy now, I have to question whether we have the pitching to really be successful right now. I especially don’t trust some in our bullpen do them getting exposed more wouldn’t be good.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

DeJong down to .087 batting average and .212 OPS in 24 plate appearances. He also has 10 strikeouts. I am starting to get concerned.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

1982, I want Reyes to get a shot at starting although the team isn’t going to allow it this year. I really think he could be the key to bridge the gap until Mikolas and/or Kim are healthy.

1982 willie
    Participant

Forsch if they wasn’t putting him on a innings limit, I might could see. But obviously they are doing that for a reason. I like the thought though. I am worried about Dejong as well. Hopefully he pulls out of the funk soon.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I just wish there was a way that he could start the year as a starter and still limit his innings. It would be hard to keep him down to 100 innings, though.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader is a miracle. In 1 day he raised his batting average 33 points and his OPS 44 points.

To be fair, he also raised his K rate.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Yes. It’s up to 11%

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

While I’m anxious for Reyes to start again too, he has missed a lot of time and will need to build back toward a full starter’s load. Otherwise there’s a risk of another big injury, which would stink. If we can have some patience, he could be a big part of the rotation for the 2022 championship level team.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

There’s a part of me that believes Reyes would be better off starting for about a month and then really limit his appearances in relief to about 1 inning every 3 days. That would give him about 5 starts and around 40-45 relief appearances. I would think he would be at no more than 100 innings, then. Plus, he would have built up a good workload to go into 2022 with for our championship level team. Those relief appearances could be as a closer sharing system with Hicks.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with Forsch31 that we should be concerned about DeJong. But not just because of his slow start. It is possible that his OPS+ trendline will continue. It has been a down slope since 2017 and could be well below 100 in 2021 unless the trend reverses.

bccran
    Participant

Hopefully he turns it around. Would cut him some slack on 2020, though, for obvious reasons.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weds. 3-17

2B Edman
    1B Goldschmidt
    3B Carpenter
    SS DeJong
    C Molina
    LF O’Neill
    RF Carlson
    CF Bader
    P Wainwright

vs HOU Bryan Abreu (RHP)

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I hope O’Neil struggles today. He needs to save some of this hot hitting and Power for the regular season 🙂

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s pitchers after Wainwright: Hicks, Whitley, Woodford, Rondon

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What time does this game start tonight? And is it on FSMW?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 506 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.