Cardinals Odds and Projections

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cardinals Odds and Projections

Viewing 12 posts - 376 through 387 (of 387 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’ll say at least one of those Wild Card projections by mlb doesn’t make it and we slot into that WC slot. I just can’t choose which team. They all either had injury issues, clubhouse issue of flat out overachieved. Maybe even 2 of them don’t make it as the Phillies look to replicate the old Orioles team from days past and put out a lineup that can’t field very well, are station to station runners and hit 3 run jimmy jacks. They might be the biggest question mark heading into 2022. Bullpen sucks as well!

I know the rotation is a concern due to age, injuries ect… Honestly I’d be a little more worried about the pen. Gallegos has not closed a full season and has thrown a ton the last 2+ years. We also have some turnover and some hope that old faces return to form and some new guys produce. Doesn’t always work that way.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bobby, Stlcard25 & Scotty are right in the ballpark with their high 80’s victory projections. Even minus Flaherty for an extended period of time, this ’22 squad is a 90+ win team. Both the starting and bullpen crews will prove to be a tick above average, the defense superb and the hitting……the hitting is going to be very very potent.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I project the cardinal players will do the best they can, ownership probably not.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Bob Reed,

I’m talking about the period since LaRussa left. A shift occurred when LaRussa and Luhnow left and Mo became exposed. It took a few years to start seeing the effects.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blake Newberry with a very good perspective.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Funny, not sure who did the projections but on the MLB Network last night it had the following projections for the AL East:

New York 88-74
    Toronto 88-74
    Boston 88-74
    Tampa Bay 88-74

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We won’t know if we are being underated or overated for a while. We may be rated just right. I’ve thought all along that our pitching was going to be an issue. Hanging hopes on guys coming back from injuries is always a gamble. Matz may end up being ok but he’s just as big a gamble. I don’t see any young arms ready to save us if things go sideways. Waino as long as he’s healthy, I’m sure of, every thing else starting wise is a question mark. You can talk all you want about an improved offense but if our starting pitching fails for whatever reason, it’s not going to matter. Right now history is on our side to have a better than 500 record but we will see.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

If Flaherty, if Mikolas, if Matz, if, if, if….

If wishes were horses beggars would ride as the old saying goes.

I’ve found that if you get past three IFs you are probably in a spot of trouble – took a 17 game win streak to bail out the boys last season.

This team should be at least a little better than last year’s team due to player maturation.

This team will likely make the playoffs as that just became easier than ever before – and once you are in the tournament anything can happen as long as you have 2 frontline starters and a deep bullpen.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anything can happen but it usually don’t.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Honest question. How much more do you invest in a team that currently has a roughly 1/3 chance of even getting into October, let alone win it all? (when you know it will potentially cost future wins by dealing away prospects)

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would invest in players that have team control beyond this season.

Viewing 12 posts - 376 through 387 (of 387 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.