Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2023

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2023

Viewing 25 posts - 2,326 through 2,350 (of 2,445 total)
  • Author
    Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Not sure if Mo would consider that trade or not……

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

hey would want:
    Walker, Winn, Hence and Herrera (125.9 BTV)

We would get:
    Robert, Cease and Santos (125.5 BTV)

…should Mo accept?

Absolutely Mo should do it. Combined with what Mo has done so far, we would be a WS contender, especially if he could come up with a solid left fielder.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A name I have seen floated but doesn’t get talked about is Pablo Lopez.

I was thinking about Lopez the other day. The Cardinals should have traded for him last winter. I would still love to have him since he is basically the equivalent of Cease but I don’t know if the Twins would do it. They halready lost Gray and Maeda from last season’s rotation.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A “blockbuster” trade with the CWS would signal a rebuild by the Sox. A proposal by the Sox could be…

They would want:
    Walker, Winn, Hence and Herrera (125.9 BTV)

We would get:
    Robert, Cease and Santos (125.5 BTV)

…should Mo accept?

That would definitely be a win now and worry about the future later move that Dave Dombrowski or Theo Epstein would do but I don’t know if build from within Bill DeWitt would sanction such a move.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cease reminds me of Zach Wheeler back a few years ago when we had him on our radar but passed…then he became an ace. If we could get Cease, Robert and a reliever for essentially Walker and guys who aren’t starting, that would be a bold move that would vault us right to the top of the NL Central for now. The development system would take a hit, of course. But we don’t have an ace and a star CF right now, and probably won’t unless Scott or one of our arms surprises us.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

that would definitely be a win now and worry about the future later move

Santos is 24, Robert 26, Cease almost 28. All with their prime ahead. All are established as successful in MLB. I would consider it a ‘win now and secure the future’ move.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Santos is 24, Robert 26, Cease almost 28. All with their prime ahead. All are established as successful in MLB. I would consider it a ‘win now and secure the future’ move.

Age and years of control are two different things. Cease has two years of control remianing, Robert has two with an option for a third. They will both be exponentially more expensive in a couple of years. That is why I consider it a win now move. Could the Cardinals extend them? Possibly, but no gurarantees.

Meanwhile, Walker, Winn, Herrera, and Hence will be cheap for several years.

Of course if you win a championship in that small window of opportunity it is all worth it.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another factor, as to impact as a player in MLB, 3 birds in hand vs 4 in the bush. That part is no contest.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

With currently less than one years service time (0.149), Walker is on pace to have two more near minimum seasons, and then four arb seasons. With no future demotions, he will easily make Super2 status for 2026.

I feel like making out a lineup.

Walker is my leadoff hitter in 2024. I’ll still give Tommy his starts vs lefties at leadoff, but they occupy the leadoff and #9 spots in the order.

Vs RH SP:

R Walker
    L Noot
    R Goldy
    R Nado
    L Gorman
    R Contreras
    L Donovan
    R O’Neill / Carlson
    L Edman

R Herrera
    S Carlson
    L Palacios / Burly
    ? UI acquisition

2023 Walker vs RHP’s:
    .292 / .358 / .465 / .823 / 125 ops+

I’m not asking for stolen bases at leadoff. I’ll take the hit streaks, the obp and the slug. With a handful of our best batters behind him, just run the bases clean and get drove in.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we are looking to trade for a starter and closer at the same time another option would be the Cleveland Guardians. Supposedly they have made Emmanuel Clase available. He is an elite closer with five years of control remaining. Cleveland needs OF’s.

How about O’Neill, Carlson, Burleson, Herrera, and Thompson for Bieber and Clase.

The BTV site has a value of 57 going to the Cardinals and a value of 55.8 going to the Guardians.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

CLE counter offers:

Clase & Bieber (57.0 BTV)
    for
    Walker (58.0 BTV)

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since CLE obviously wants a headliner coming back, and STL wants to move O’Neill,

STL could counter with

Gorman, O’Neill, Carlson 56.2
    Clase, Beiber, 57.0

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know if they want a headliner or not but three OF’s, their catcher of the future, and a lefty who could slot into the back of their rotation for years to come would seem to be a decent offfer.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Bling – I would surrender Walker before Gorman

In terms of trading for Clase – I think you get better value by trading for multiple cost-controlled relievers as opposed to one.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They might look at it as three outfielders who couldn’t stick in the lineup of one of the worst teams in MLB, and a starter who couldn’t stick in one of the worst rotations.

I would also not want to trade Herrera since we don’t have a replacement.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LA, yeah I hear you, but I think Mo would sooner trade both his kidneys.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

All I can say is – I SURE AM GLAD SOME OF THE POSTERS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT RUNNING THE CARDINALS…..

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Agreed Rats lol

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Cot’s estimates a 7mil diference between O’Neill (6mil) and Bieber (13mil). Pass, I’d rather focus on as many innings of holds and saves as possible, from free agency.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

What if we sent Victor Scott with O’Neil, Burleson, Robberse, Hence, and McGreevey to Cleveland for Bieber and Clase.
    Send Matz and Rom to Yankees for Clay Holmes and Clayton Beeter.

Sign Cody Bellinger and call it a winter.After Bellingr spent the winter with then Cardinal Coach Matt Holiday, Mo thought he had Bellinger signed last winter but couldn’t convince him that playing time was going to be there. Once Scott, O’Neil, and Burly are gone, Cody can just play center until Goldy moves on.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They might look at it as three outfielders who couldn’t stick in the lineup of one of the worst teams in MLB, and a starter who couldn’t stick in one of the worst rotations.

Perhaps BTV needs to update their values then.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

GS, you are bundling fringe and one prospect, for star impact. Maybe that is what CLE wants, but usually that’s a real hard sell.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

O’Neill and Mejia (9.0)
    for
    Santos and Lopez (8.9)

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am just bundling value for value. Sometimes small market clubs like Cleveland place value on years of control and multiple players instead of thrwoing all of their eggs in one basket.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

JJ, who are Santos and Lopez

Viewing 25 posts - 2,326 through 2,350 (of 2,445 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years