Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2021-2022

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 742 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the Schwarber idea but I don’t think the Cardinals will spend that much on a DH. The only moderate splurge we will probably see from them is a bullpen piece like Joe Kelly or Ryan Tepera. As I have said before if they sign a veteran LH bat it will probably be someone cheap like Colin Moran or Brad Miller.

Plus they do not want to block Yepez. He and Gorman may end up getting the bulk of the DH AB’s.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We may see a token Colin Moran type ST invite signing or two, and it seems they are looking to pay for a reliever.

I think it is a mistake and they are only setting themselves up for another failure like Cecil, and Miller after him. Paying for Kelly two-three years ago..sure.. .Tepera before last year sure…. but you are paying for past success of a veteran like Kelly (Miller) and hope for retaining effectiveness (Cecil)

Had they wanted another reliever and were willing to pay they should have just kept Garcia…he got a pretty affordable 2yr deal that he more than earned and he would have been a known commodity.

I just can’t imagine they will spend more than what Garcia wanted. 1yr deals only if anything.

I think they don’t want to spend ANY money…so we will only see ST invites…and that is hard to predict at this point.

I’d prefer a vet OFer, as i still think we are far too thin in the OF…Nootbaar is our only real backup OFer…the rest are part time and potentially painful backups for corner OF

I’d feel a lot better with a veteran to help. If they arent spending money, and might accept ST invites, then it limits the options…maybe guys like Danny Santana, Pillar, Lagares, Souza, B Hamilton, Tauchman…. and those even seem like stretches

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah. Sounds great! I wonder who else we would have to give up besides Tyler O’Neill in order to get Jo Odell?

BTW, how are things going for the Halo’s? Did Arte Moreno promise to give you back the money you paid for season tickets if the games aren’t played?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sorry to say the prior post was from a spammer who included a link to a site non-related to baseball. So it has been deleted.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Spam has gotten out of control, and there is no way to actually control it, I get at least 5 a day. The car warranty ones are at least twice a day. If I have time, I do mess with them, and just tell them my 1991 Chevy S-10 with 347k miles is our “newest” car. I can assure you, they don’t take you off any lists after that though….

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I think the Cardinals need to acquire another LH pitcher.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Maybe Matt Liberatore and Zach Thompson are the LH pitcher they need so they don’t have to go outside the organization.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My expectation is still that we will see two additions: a low priced LH bat (Moran or Miller type) and a reliever capable of handling the back innings (Kelly or Tepera type).

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Are we seriously in pursuit of Trevor Story? Anybody have any inside scoop here?

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Rats my guess is that it is all talk, will give MO his well we tried but fell short crap speech…..we will sign 2 more dumpster (throw crap against the wall to see if anything sticks) and go into the season with pretty much what we got…..

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

At this point, those connecting the Cards to Story are on Twitter, unverified (no blue check mark) people/sites I’ve never heard of. Know your sources…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As much as it would be nice to have Story (I feel like his median is pretty much career best Dejong, and I think that ship has passed), the cost will likely prohibit it. Not only that, it would create quite the log jam in the infield. You’d have to think 1-2 of Dejong, Sosa, Edman and Gorman would need to be traded to make space.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Story would be an upgrade over DeJong but not a massive upgrade IMO, especially when you consider the huge contract he will want. Mo has repeatedly said that DeJong is going to get the opportunity to reclaim the job so I would be surprised to see them do an about face this quick. If they want to spend $15M-$20M per year then sign Schwarber. We don’t need another RH bat.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

This seems to be the thread for extreme ideas, so here we go….

Manaea AND Montas

For Yepez, Junior Fernandez and Zach Thompson, they need them all, who says no? I’m guessing that’s extremely light on the Cards end?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MLB trade simulator has Manaea plus Montas at $53M surplus value. Yepez, Fernandez and Thompson are around $7M. So…you’d have to elevate every one of those trade candidates a level to get into the ballpark for discussion. So, something like Edman, Oviedo and Liberatore probably at least starts the discussion.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Manaea 14.1 / Montas 39.6 = 53.7

Gorman 28.6 / Liberator 23.7 = 52.3

STL should say no.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree that a basket of spare parts won’t bring anything of substantial and immediate use. I also don’t think Mo will trade Liberatore.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

On the other hand, Sosa and Baker will get you Manaea on the simulator…mmmm…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals don’t need both of those pitchers. They only need one.

How about Nootbaar, Thompson, and Perez for Manaea?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would think that the As would rightfully want a better player back for someone like Manaea. Sosa and Nootbaar might get it done.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty and Manaea both have 14.1 trade value, by BTV, so all these proposals can be cross checked by asking “would I take that for Flaherty?”

Or, Bassitt is 13.0, which OAK just dealt away and received Ginn 10.3 and Oller 1.1

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty and Manaea both have 14.1 trade value, by BTV, so all these proposals can be cross checked by asking “would I take that for Flaherty?”

Yeah, Flaherty’s value is way under inflated there. He was at around $60M earlier this winter IIRC. There’s no GM in the game that would trade Flaherty for Manaea straight up unless Flaherty is going to miss this entire season.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

How about Rondon, Oviedo, Fernandez, Nunez for Manaea and Trivino

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Cards667, that’s a lot to give up, but I’m not sure what side would say no.

I do strongly feel they need Manaea, and would have felt so even before the Flaherty injury. Expecting more than an average of 125 innings out of Waino, Hudson, Mikolas, Matz and JF would be expecting way to much. Oviedo could get his control under control (pun intended), but if you go into a 3 game playoff against a team with 2 or 3 top notch starters, I don’t like the Cards chances.

Yepez and Fernandez for Manaea? Then sign Watson? Still much less than last years spending.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I’m not real keen on letting Yepez go. I like him and with the DH around now I think he’s going to see quite a few AB’s and get a chance.

As for my proposal, this trade simulator says I’m not close. But I don’t know. I’m not sold on Oviedo, but there is definitely potential, along with Fernandez, if the control can get under control. I think they need a SP and have Woodford available in AAA for more depth. And I like Trivino and think another late inning arm could be really nice as Hicks health seems to constantly be an issue. The Dodgers pen last year with Jensen, Trienen, Kelly, Knebel really shortened games and I’d love to add another dependable arm to the back end and have some lats inning depth.

Viewing 25 posts - 576 through 600 (of 742 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.