Community 2023 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Community 2023 Top 50 Prospect Voting

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 491 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

#18 – Hansen

#19 – Rajcic

#20 – Love – I have Willis and Love tied… but I’ll go with Love here.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

18 – Rajcic
    19 – Willis
    20 – Hansen

PadsFS
    Participant

#18 – Alec Willis, RHP
    #19 – Pete Hansen, LHP
    #20 – Zane Mills, RHP

PadsFS
    Participant

Just curious, why do you all like Rajcic over Hansen? Just an age thing?

desmetlax12
    Participant

Free

18. Pacheco – proximity to majors, on the 40 man, still relatively young

19. Hanson – draft status and good college results, seems to be positioned to rise quickly, LHP gains importance with shift going away

20. Won-Bin Cho – long way to go but the reports of his work ethic are top notch. He’s big at 6′ 3″ 200 lbs and will likely end up with good power. Left handed OF with some pop and he did walk well this year (20%).

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

18 Won Bin Cho. Gotta love the lefty power bat, and I think he has great potential.

19 Alec Willis. He could be next year’s Tink Hence. The K rate is nice, but the sample size is small.

20 Pete Hansen. I think he’s a Connor Thomas clone, so we will see if he can advance quickly.

lrcardinal
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

18 – Alec Willis
    19 – Freddy Pacheco
    20 – Pete Hansen

I believe these three have some great potential here!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

18 Willis
    19 Davila
    20 Hansen

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

18 Willis

19 Pacheco

20 Cho

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

18. Freddy Pacheco
    19. Alec Willis
    20. Jimmy Dale Crooks III

Crooks was a rather young collegiate draftee, and spent several (age-appropriate) weeks at Low-A Palm Beach hitting very, very well with a 149 OPS+. I expect he and fellow backstop Leonardo Bernal to split time fairly evenly at Peoria in 2023, where I hope to get a good look at them and Tink Hence, among others. Maybe Crooks can make me not hate the 2022 Redbird draft so much. We’ll see.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

18 Hansen
    19 Pacheco
    20 Cho

Jnevel
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#18: Jimmy Crooks
    #19: Alec Willis
    #20: Won Bin Cho

slidinlefty
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Willis
    Crooks-impressive debut lefty bat C
    Cho-big development year good debut

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really like Walsh and Pacheco, but I think relievers don’t have as much value as promising young starters. But to each their own.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson just doesn’t excite me. I don’t see him as a budding superstar. That’s for sure. I’d just as soon see O’Neill in CF if he could stay healthy. I think Nootbaar is pretty good at chasing the ball down, also. I think he could back up O’Neill in CF. Let’s give Carlson one more year to mature. Then, start looking for an upgrade in Center Field if Carlson is not impressing. I wonder who pushed him into the Major Leagues at the age of 21?

bccran
    Participant

Good round and a photo finish for #19. Here’s how I tabulate the points –

Willis – 26
    Pacheco – 16
    Hansen – 15
    Cho – 8
    Crooks – 6
    Rajcic – 6
    Walsh – 3
    Davila – 1
    Love – 1
    Mills – 1

So here’s our top 20 –

1.) Jordan Walker
    2,) Masyn Winn
    3.) Gordan Graceffo
    4.) Tink Hence
    5.) Alec Burleson
    6.) Ivan Herrera
    7.) Matt Liberatore
    8.) Michael McGreevey
    9.) Zack Thompson
    10.) Coopere Hjerpe
    11.) Leonardo Bernal
    12.) Joshua Baez
    13.) Inohan Paniagua
    14.) Jonathan Mejia
    15.) Moises Gomez
    16.) Brycen Mautz
    17.) Conner Thomas
    18.) Alec Willis
    19.) Freddy Pacheco
    20.) Pete Hansen

Great job by everyone. When stlcard25 said he wasn’t going to be able to facilitate this year, I was happy to
    try to help. On November 8th, I said I would be happy to take it through the first 20 rounds. We have now completed that. Time for someone else to step in and facilitate us going forward (probably 5 positions at a time) toward the Community Top 50. Thanks very much for the honor of facilitating the top 20 prospects.

14NyquisT
    Participant

bcc… great job. I like the idea of keeping the selections at 3 per round…. at 30 spots to go that would put us at #50 in +/- 20 days. If the Community wants to go up to #65 we can start that phase after the actual holidays (12/24 to Jan. 2) IMO, having 5 selections per round becomes too unbalanced. This is merely a suggestion to whoever will be taking over.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Its been a few years since I’ve done it so, if nobody else steps up by this afternoon, I will take it on. I can do tallies and calls in afternoon/evening. Sometimes I might be late with it, but if its too much past time somebody can do the tally and call. It would be 3 at a time with points awarded 3,2,1 as I believe it has been done so far. 48 hours per round. If we want to go past 50 we can talk about it then.

I see no harm in getting the next round started whoever ends up leading the effort. If its me, votes cast starting now will count and the call on 21, 22, 23 will happen Monday afternoon/evening. If there are any objections or different ideas, lets hear it. Happy voting everyone, and if there are any lurkers out there don’t be shy.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

21 Cho
    22 Antico
    23 Walsh

I think Antico hás a good chance tô become Bader 2.0

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

21. Walsh

22. Crooks

23. Cho

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

21 Davila

22 D Rodriguez

23 Antico

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I see Antico as a lefty pull hitter who hits mostly fly balls that mostly get caught. That’s vs righties. Vs lefties he mostly doesn’t hit at all. Since he was MIA in TCN 2022 Prospect Guide and didn’t make the season opening top 50, I haven’t paid too much attention. Not even when he appeared in the rankings in a puff of smoke somewhere during the season. I have no clue if he is a potential GG like Bader, but if somebody thinks there is reason to suspect it, I will not argue. I would agree he has enough runway for stuff to happen.

slidinlefty
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crooks
    Cho
    Rodriguez-hopes of adding some velocity and a third pitch to stay a starter. Otherwise his stuff is probably as good as the bullpen guys like Walsh, Love, and Loutos. Though Walsh is a good pick right here too.

bccran
    Participant

21. Max Rajcic
    22. Won-Bin Cho
    23. Ryan Loutos

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

21. Rajcic
    22. Crooks
    23. Antico

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 491 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years