Summer Camp 60-man roster (updated)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Summer Camp 60-man roster (updated)

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How long will it be before one or both of these persons will be in the Where are they Now article? I am curious if they ae still playing? I would imagine they are trying.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When will names come out as to who tests positive? Monday? Also, what is retesting procedure? Assuming the season isn’t cancelled there will be some short term roster decisions needing made
    If 2 starting pitchers have the virus there may be bullpen games ahead.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27 asked:

1) When will names come out as to who tests positive? Monday?

2) Also, what is retesting procedure?

3) Assuming the season isn’t cancelled there will be some short term roster decisions needing made
    If 2 starting pitchers have the virus there may be bullpen games ahead.

1) On Monday or Tuesday at the latest, the players to go onto the IL will have to be named.

2) They are being retested daily, especially important since four individuals’ results were initially non-conclusive.

3) At the same time players go in the IL, others will be added. Likely pitchers will heavily represented. My money is on Reyes and Cabrera to be first in line.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Will those with the virus then be out until 2 negative tests?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Will those with the virus then be out until 2 negative tests?

Yes, but there are more hurdles to clear beyond 2 negative tests. It can also vary team-by-team, depending on local protocols. See this link for details regarding Soto’s return to the Nats. It explains some of the requirements (MLB and local/DC).

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seems that Gomber and PDL will be in the rotation until CMart comes back, which, at best would likely be against the White Sox next weekend.
    A couple concerns are a lack of offense due to Dejong and Yadi being out, and a reliance on 2 players that can’t be counted on. Fowler and Carpenter.
    And very little shortstop depth. Edman is the only one with any experience at the position. Miller coming back from injury would seem a DH candidate for his return.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting choice adding Ramirez. It’s likely a no lose situation.

1) Oviedo might be held back being protected until just before the Rule 5 draft.
    2) Ramirez, may not even throw a pitch before being sent back down. He was very good in the AFl last fall, so there is potential.
    3) Ramirez could be outrighted if the need for a roster spot is great. He likely would not be claimed on another teams 40 man roster, so he could be kept at Springfield. And all that may not matter, as he could be a minor league free agent at the end of 2020.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has Mikolas not been moved to the 60 day DL? That would open up another spot.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

The line up is so weak. Hope the pitching shuts everyone down.
    1. Wong 2B
    2. Edman SS
    3. Goldschmidt 1B
    4. Carpenter 3B
    5. O’Neill LF
    6. Miller DH
    7. Wieters C
    8. Thomas CF
    9. Fowler RF

I’d move Thomas to 6th and LF vs LHP. Bader in CF hitting 8th, and DH O’Neill. Dean could also be a DH option vs LHP instead, especially if Bader continues to struggle. Let Fowler be a 2nd lead off man hitting 9th and maybe he can get on base some in front of the top of the order.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

40 man is currently full now, but you’re right that Mikolas is still on it and can be moved to the 45 day DL to open another spot if they have to.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

Question:

Earlier in the week on the radio someone said that there were 7 positive tests but they only had 6 names to release. Was Carlos that seventh person?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On the home page there is a free article titled “Seven COVID-Positive Cardinals Are Identified”

it’s a good read.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Glad you liked it, jj. I tried to share with prospective subscribers the depth of analysis we provide here.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes. It was Carlos.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

nate asked:

Earlier in the week on the radio someone said that there were 7 positive tests but they only had 6 names to release. Was Carlos that seventh person?

Yes, it was. We have a lot of good, free content on our home page. Please check it out!

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Just looked up the stats on Meisinger and Cruz. Pleasantly surprised. They may be two who have been flying under the radar.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An article about the two is on the front page for members.

Cardinals Add Pitching Duo to Backfill Alternate Training Site

bccran
    Participant

THX.

bccran
    Participant

Good coverage. Kind of surprised that at least one of them didn’t sneak onto TCN top 50.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am thinking Sanchez and Wiliams would be added to replace Dean and Helsley. It is also possible some of the players that tested positive might be ready to return shortly. Oviedo and Carlson are longer cshot possibilities.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also, Meisinger and Cruzs’ addition to the 60 man roster seem very similar to Ramirez’ addition. They could be short term additions and possibly outrighted, if needed later.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran said:

Good coverage. Kind of surprised that at least one of them didn’t sneak onto TCN top 50.

Thank you. Cruz did join our first monthly top 50 refresh during the 2019 season, in April. But he was pushed back off after all the new draftees came in for July. I was never that excited about Meisinger, but if I recall correctly, Kyle Reis ranked him in his top 25 last year. I paid attention to the fact that Meisinger was placed on outright waivers this past winter and went unclaimed. Still in a pinch, he could help out. I think Cruz has higher potential, though. As I wrote previously, I had expected Cruz to be in the initial 60, but he was squeezed out by the young prospects, I suspect.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

c27 said:

Also, Meisinger and Cruzs’ addition to the 60 man roster seem very similar to Ramirez’ addition. They could be short term additions and possibly outrighted, if needed later.

I think Ramirez and Cruz are a cut above. Both were in big-league camp this spring. Meisinger was not. However, Meisinger may have performed well in the early going in Springfield. That was about his only shot to impress in 2020 to date, as he obviously wasn’t in St. Louis for Summer Camp, either.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27 said:

I am thinking Sanchez and Wiliams would be added to replace Dean and Helsley. It is also possible some of the players that tested positive might be ready to return shortly. Oviedo and Carlson are longer cshot possibilities.

Good points. My only question is about Sanchez. On one hand, he has never pitched above Double-A. On the other hand, he is using a 40-man spot and at some point, he is going to have to perform. Whether it is in 2020 remains to be seen, but his 40-man spot has to be considered one of the most tenuous, so why not give him a try?

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.