StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hit it so hard it knocked DeJongs hand off!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Wacha got through four innings only giving up one run. It wasn’t pretty, but he has kept his team in the game. Now the offense needs to get going!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You know, the Cards have not employed very good strategy here. If I was Shildt, I’d have Bader up there bunting to Rizzo. Then I’d have the pinch hitter up there bunting to Rizzo. You have to test the gimp.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Carp watch

AB#1) PULLED to 1b, out
    AB#2) PULLED to 1b, out

Is the message fixed? Am I squared away?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Mills is finally out. As a reminder, this is a guy who is a combined 11-16 with ERAs of 4.84 and 5.11 the last two years in AAA. The script is pretty much written when the Cards face a new guy like this.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards with more of the same in the 5th. The first two batters K, but then Fowler walks. Maddon takes Mills out of the game. Maybe that’ll turn the tide the Cards’ way.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carter, your posts are indeed fully visible.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

25: “You know, the Cards have not employed very good strategy here. If I was Shildt, I’d have Bader up there bunting to Rizzo. Then I’d have the pinch hitter up there bunting to Rizzo. You have to test the gimp

Cards don’t do that. Big Poppi at his fattest had to play 1b in our home games in the WS in ’13 and we bunted not once.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s fixed, Carter.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nothin’ happening gotta try some small ball, get something going!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This offense is frustrating to watch. They cannot hit with runners in scoring position to save their lives. They strike out a lot. They have two or three everyday players who are in a funk and not contributing. I do not think they use the bunt as much as they could or should.

I thought the purpose of bringing in a new hitting coach was to emulate Houston’s offense. That is, better plate discipline, fewer strike outs and more balls in play. Maybe it takes a year or two for the changes to stick.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the help, guys

Hard to believe Wacha only gave up one.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This offense is frustrating to watch. They cannot hit with runners in scoring position to save their lives. They strike out a lot. They have two or three everyday players who are in a funk and not contributing. I do not think they use the bunt as much as they could or should.

Which is why it’s so weird that they won’t try anyone else. You’ve got Thomas, Arozarena, and O’Neill rotting on the bench. Surely one of them could approximate Bader or Ozuna for a day? Edman can play SS but we’d rather throw Dejong out there every single day even though he clearly looks tired.

David
    Participant

Free

I realize Schildt will get some of the credit for the Cardinals success this year and deservedly so but I for one have never been a big fan of Schildts managerial techniques, I pose this question to the Cardinal nation.,.given the team we’ve had throughout the year if Matheny were still manager in what position do you think we would be right now? in my opinion I feel that we would have about at least 93-95 victories.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Dave, considering that i believe MAtheny is far worse of a manager than Schildts is, we prob have low 80’s win total right now with him at the helm.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, so it’s Goldy, Ozuna and Carp this inning. These are the guys who were supposed to lead the offense this year, so let’s see some production.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt has some weaknesses, most notably he is stubborn about his lineups, but he is definitely better than Matheny, especially with in-game strategy.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So far our pitching in this game is kind of like an NFL bend but don’t break defense. I feel like it is going to break at some point. We are in the Cub bullpen which is where we want to be. Their bullpen has been better lately but it isn’t the strength of their team.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Ok, so it’s Goldy, Ozuna and Carp this inning. These are the guys who were supposed to lead the offense this year, so let’s see some production.

Good luck with that

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another big scoring opportunity staring us in the face. Will we choke again or finally break through?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

This could be our inning, those other guys are having bull pen troubles, 2 walks!

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

gif

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Crazy rubber arm man!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice walked bases loaded, Yadi up!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

cubs are just begging the Cards to take some runs after three straight walks to start the 6th. Bases loaded an not outs for Yadi, then DeJong to follow.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.