StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

This topic contains 266 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Wooster 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

gif

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now facing Zobrist and Carlos misses high for 1-0. Yadi is out to calm him down. Let’s bear down here and get this last out, Cmart!! The next pitch is a low strike, 1-1. Now a pitch in the zone called a ball, I guess to make up for the last pitch. 2-1. The next pitch is a change catching the bottom of the zone. 2-2…get him here! Grounder to Goldy and the Cards win!! Cubs 5 back!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

oh we hold on. got my two games, might as well sweep now.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And CMart fights off the pressure and delivers against Zobrist. Goldy grabs the grounder and steps on the bag.

Ball game. 2-1.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I think I need a drink!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok we got our split. Anything else is gravy.

Heck we might as well get greedy and win another or two while we are there.

Cubs are in big trouble.

RememberDiz
    Participant

Free

I am astounded!!

There is no way that a team that can’t hit can get one hit with men on base and win a game on that ONE hit.

Pitching just keeps on being the best.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That had to be one of the longest 9 inning, 2-1 games I can remember. Or maybe it was just because my heart was pounding. Great to get the win! Now let’s take the next two!

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

well both teams pitched well though there were a lot of walks. some bad situational hitting but its kind of funny. everyone talks bad about our guys struggling but when their guys fail to come through, its great pitching. i even get caught up in it and ive played and coached enough ball to know better. gotta love fandom.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

this umpire is all over the place.

He was. And the Cards got a few of them. That’s really gotta burn Joe’s britches.

Sometimes I wonder if the umps (consciously or not) think if you’re going to whine over nothing, I’ll give you something to whine about. It might just tilt the borderline calls every now and then. I’m probably not alone in thinking Carp has brought that to himself a time or two.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Just win baby!

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Now that we got the split, let’s get theseries win tomorrow.

Carter Le Grand
    Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Who said 6 pages today? gif

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Another cliff hanger! Congrats team on the win! Lots going on there for a 2-1 game. Just shows its really a team effort. Good pitching today. A little shaky here and there but ok. Bull pen looked way better today. A few missed opportunitys at the plate today. Yadi got the big hit! Go Cardinals!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who said 6 pages today? gif

Heck yeah, we crushed that. I did notice Pugs and Rats missing, suspiciously.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Amazing. We’re only able to muster four measly hits. And Yadi gets three of them as the rest of the offense takes the night off. How can such a feeble team be on top? I don’t know, but I’ll take it.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

People complain but team is 33-2 since June 10th in games that C. Mart pitches.

Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Free

Great stat Cario. I was not aware of that. In that time what is Cmarts save percentage? It would also be interesting to see what is numbers are when he comes in with a 3 run lead as oppose to a 1 run lead. He seems to pitch better when it’s a one run lead. Do the numbers support my theory?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve always said that in this league you gotta have the horses to enter that coveted winner’s circle. What we’re witnessing here is a cubbies stable teeming with weary pack mules and the Cardinals chock full of young thoroughbreds chomping at the bit to succeed. As the final out was registered today, I had this strange burning desire to bellow out “My Old Kentucky Home”……and may God be my judge, I sang it, right there in the middle of a busy 7-11 convenience store.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fowler, Ozuna and DeJong are 0 for Chicago so far. Nice wins with your run producers producing no runs.

I thought Matheny was pretty good with the young guys. Better than LaRussa. Remember how some were moaning about Shildt using Edman in the outfield to get him in the game. Not a bad job of bringing a young guy along. Helsley has also contributed nicely and Gallego has come from nowhere.

When you get to this point in the season in a tight race you usually do better with players with experience. Remember last year when Gomber, Ponce and Flaherty helped turn the season around in August last year but all three got crushed in the final series with the Brewers with us leading the division going into the last 6 games.

In spite of all of the moaning about Shildt’s bullpen moves our bullpen ranks tops in almost every category in the league even though we lost our closer.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Shildt has been right and the whiny, complainers have been wrong. Mike Shildt=Manager of the year in the NL.

GACard
    Participant

Free

That was sweet

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No help from the Pirates tonight, it appears. The Brewers already have three runs in the first, two on a throwing error by the shortstop that should have been the third out.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

SoonerinNC said:

Remember how some were moaning about Shildt using Edman in the outfield to get him in the game.

In all fairness, most were fine with Edman playing – just not in the OF. The only reason Edman was in the outfield was that Shildt waited far too long to sit Carpenter.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years