StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum StL 2019 Game 154 thread: Fri 9/20 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy strands two runners in scoring position with one out. Now up to Ozuna to produce.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

___________RISP doldrums continue

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

____________Thanks, 25. What do you mean by “return/enters”?

____________Did the underlines push it over?

What I meant was that maybe if your text started a couple of lines lower, it wouldn’t be blocked.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Goldy and Ozuna both come up short on a great opportunity to take the lead. Cards scoreless after three innings at the plate.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not good situational hitting. We have a lot of guys struggling with that this year. It’s to the point that I assume we won’t get the run in with less than two outs unless it’s Yadi, Wong or Edman. Anyone else is at the mercy of the pitcher.

ortawasout
    Participant

Free

Rotate your phone 90 deg to see Carter’s posts.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

What I meant was that maybe if your text started a couple of lines lower, it wouldn’t be blocked

Thanks…did it work?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carter needs to find a shorter model for his avatar. Or he could crop his current one. Cut off her head or bottom? Tough choice. But I think stlcard is right, just start every post by hitting enter twice so the first line of text appears at a lower point.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha being hit today. I just can’t see why you keep him in if he gives up another run.

1982 willie
    Participant

well our middle is still struggling. blew a good opportunity to get at least one run. need to have better at bats there. being aggressive is fine but be aggressive with the right pitches. now cubs are threatening in the third.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wacha and Wrigley go together like gasoline and matches.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Likely a bad decision to keep Wacha in here.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This game is about to get out of hand.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt looks like a genius and I a dummy as the Cards turn two!! Big play there!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Ponce in the witness protection program?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

This game appears to be a low probability win. Wacha doesn’t have it and the cards bats are hibernating like bears. I hope Shildt doesn’t destroy the pen chasing a win that’s likely not happening. And just as I type that, Wacha is bailed out of another jam (based loaded) with a DP. Probability for win just went back up again, especially if they can ever figure out how to hit this AAA slug.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

Another DP

imoji

Wooster
    Participant

Free

They’re really knockin’ Wacha around , the balls too high and center if plate. Hard to believe its only 1 run right now. Be nice to get some runs too.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cy Mills is mowing down our batters with a nearly Hendricks like efficiency. Blech.

Will Wacha head out for the 4th? I’d have the hook ready the first time he allows a base runner.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We can hit Strasburg and Scherzer and Hendricks but not Mills? Sounds about right.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Four shutout innings with just two hits thus far easily represent the best outing among Mills’ 18 career MLB games. Who would’ve guessed? He could easily go six innings with his pitch count (although I have no idea how stretched out he is for more).

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

OK I’ll try a self portrait avatar

David
    Participant

Free

We struggle against pitchers we’re unfamiliar with. Not watching the game, just getting updates but I have this feeling wee going to get about 5 runs over the next 3 inn. Just a hunch

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Rookie Pitcher Alert!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Glad they walked Heyward

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.