Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,626 through 1,650 (of 1,688 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is there any info on Carp’s contract?

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Back in Double-A as a starter.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The NYY have that no beard thing still going…. Carp looks a lot better. Good luck to him and I hope he finds the right field stands often that would be caught at Busch. How many times did he hit the wall or the warning track…. they’ll be goners now.

How much time he’ll be in New York depends on when some Yanks coming off the IL.

There is a whole lot of chatter on NY radio about him being in New York City….. lot of optimism. Something he hasn’t felt in years.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hopefully for him he starts off well, because when the honeymoon is over, it can get ugly there quickly.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’d sure like to see him go out looking like the old Carpenter. Like a lot of folks, I was down on him during his final days as a Cardinal. He deserves to have a good season and slide into retirement on a happy note.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos can’t get out of his own way. What a shame, another great arm that never quite became what he could have due to outside forces.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Yesterday Bernie said something about Carpenter taking hitting advise from the Yankees that he refused to take with the Cardinals (Jeff Albert). Wonder what that was all about.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am not shocked.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Pham causing some strife. Who thought that might happen.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CMart’s career is most likely over.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Nick Plummer looking great on his recall. He’d be an interesting call up option had the brass kept him rather than a couple other jabronis on the 40 man.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

St. Louis has been the last stop for a lot of guys in recent years, especially pitchers. Will they add more during this season?

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Plummer was selected 23rd overall in the draft. It will be telling in terms of our ability to develop Plummer if he does well with the Mets. Something to keep an eye on. I wonder what our failure rate is on the development of high draft picks compared with other organizations.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

As a reminder, Plummer had a breakout 2021 while still in the Cardinals system. He was certainly late to develop, but it isn’t like he didn’t hit well in his final season before being let go. In a way, it was similar to Juan Yepez but they decided to keep one and not the other. Time will tell.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

St. Louis has been the last stop for a lot of guys in recent years, especially pitchers. Will they add more during this season?

Dallas Keuchel maybe?

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Mo won’t take on that contract. Too big a gamble.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Brian, I remember but I can’t remember who they kept instead. I can’t find the thread.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

There will never be enough justification for drafting a guy high in the draft, pay him a few million to sign, spend 7 years developing him only to watch him leave once he does develop and get nothing out of it. Poor asset management. If Plummer has a career similar to David Peralta (another Cards legend) it will an indictment against this FO.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Exactly, we’ll said.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Adolis Garcia Part 2? His current OPS is .681. Not everyone can sustain.

David Peralta was a washed out minor league pitcher who tried it as an outfielder and went to indy ball and worked his rear off to get a second chance. His rebirth isn’t an indictment of anyone. It should be a celebration of his persistence.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It isn’t totally clear who they kept over Plummer, but here are some moves in that time.

In October, they added Yepez and dropped Seth Elledge.
    They claimed Ljay Newsome as Tyler Webb left.
    Once the free agents left, they added Donovan, Walsh and Freddy Pacheco to the 40-man.
    They kept open 5 40-man spots for winter moves. They were used on Matz, VerHagen, Wittgren, Dickerson and Naughton.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,626 through 1,650 (of 1,688 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.