Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,576 through 1,600 (of 1,690 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I will say that Pham has been consistently honest about his intentions.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

$7.5 Million is pretty good coming off a .229 season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In Pham’s first shot at free agency, he had to take a $1.4 MM cut from what he made as being just arbitration eligible last season. That isn’t the way it is supposed to work, but he will use that perceived slight as motivation.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Testing

Been trying to post in the Albert Pujols thread all day and the darn system won’t let me. The problem must be just with that thread….odd.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The blue Jays got rid of grichuk, not sure trade or whatever but pick up Fowler. I’m glad to see it isn’t just Cardinals ownership that does silly moves.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Been trying to post in the Albert Pujols thread all day and the darn system won’t let me.

I couldn’t get the Members board to come up at all just now.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I haven’t seen the problems, but if you share more information on the QUESTIONS ABOUT TCN thread pinned to the top of this board, I will try to look into it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The blue Jays got rid of grichuk, not sure trade or whatever but pick up Fowler. I’m glad to see it isn’t just Cardinals ownership that does silly moves.

They traded Grichuk to the Rockies and I am sure the Jays were glad to find someone to take that salary off of their hands. Fowler won’t cost much if he even makes the team.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Matt Carpenter was beaten out of a roster spot with the Rangers by Charlie Culbertson. Carpenter is reporting to Triple-A.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel sorry for Matt but hopefully he can do well in minors, maybe get a call up. Thats probably a hard reality for him right now

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Carp can hang on one more year then 2023 won’t have the shift.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Carp has had a great career. Age gets them all eventually. Some sooner. He turns 37 this year. Hopefully he can find that stroke and play some this year.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Daniel Ponce de Leon was released by the Angels.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One would think that the cubs would take a flier on Ponce here. His stock has really fallen. Good luck to this young fellow.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For a reliever, 147 IP spread over 4 seasons is a fair chance. Ponce just got worse each year once he made his debut. I don’t remember if he had an arm issue, but that’s what it seems like.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

How about Jeremy Pena. Geronimo gotta be proud. Sons in baseball just keep multiplying.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

José Godoy outrighted by the Twins

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ponce de Leon got released by the Angels and signed by the Mariners for their AAA club in Tacoma.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/04/mariners-sign-daniel-ponce-de-leon.html

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Came across some stats for Mike Mayers whom the Angels claimed off waivers from the Cardinals. His bwar of 0.9 would have tied for first among ali Cardinal pitchers in 2020 and his 1.5bwar in 2021 would have been second behind Waino’s

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Not a peep from the experts about Nick Plummer being on the Mets active roster due to a couple guys out with COVID?

Another ex-card OF in the bigs.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Plummer’s .450 OBP in AAA warrants a shot at the bigs. His chances are enhanced with the DH.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,576 through 1,600 (of 1,690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.