Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,334 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Max Schrock has been called up by the Reds.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Good for max.

Participant

Free

Great! Let the haunting begin. lol

Participant

Paid - Annual

I noticed that Chasen Shreve is at the Pirates alt site. I wonder if he will ever amount to anything. May as well also mention Voit is out with a torn meniscus.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Somehow every guy who leaves St Louis turns into Babe Ruth for a while. Tyler O’Neill should ask for a trade.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I noticed that Chasen Shreve is at the Pirates alt site. I wonder if he will ever amount to anything.

No. Mo needn’t sweat this one.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Somehow every guy who leaves St Louis turns into Babe Ruth for a while. Tyler O’Neill should ask for a trade.

Don’t think it works that way. Pretty sure the idea has to be concocted by management in order for the Babe Ruth effect to kick in.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I was on record at the time being very puzzled when we gave Adolis Garcia away for basically nothing. I am not saying he will be the next Randy but this guy has a lot of talent.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gordo learns who Adolis Garcia is…

Commented three hours ago and has one “like” so far…

Participant

Paid - Annual

He put up a nice batting line in Memphis but I guess the Ks and K/BB rate made a negative impression on Mo’s computer.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Kelly has an .888 OPS with 4 HRS.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

He put up a nice batting line in Memphis but I guess the Ks and K/BB rate made a negative impression on Mo’s computer.

But he still loves Bro’Neill

Participant

Free

I don’t know if Garcia will keep it but but Texas likes big boppers. This is one I will punt on.

Greg Garcia got a minors deal with Philly. I like that guy as a backup and he has a opt out in 10 days.

He’s grinding. Doing what he needs to do to stay around. He’s had an ok career and if he was good with his money he might be able to get a couple more years in.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schrock optioned to the Reds alternate site – MLBTR

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

The guy they kept over Arozarena is on the bench tonight and Matt Carpenter and his sub .100 BA is starting instead. *sigh*

Oh, and then he homered.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

What does Garcia being good with his money have to do with his longevity in the game?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Guess who is sitting on 666 career homers. How fitting.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

And now I see A Garcia is the AL Player of the Week.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is not a news item per se, but it is topical and because it has received high attention on Twitter, I thought I would share it here as well…

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The early 2021 season is reminding me some of the 1970s, when it seemed like former Cardinals were helping other teams win all over the place while the Redbirds were usually an average ball club.

The difference is this year’s team will be pretty good I believe, and of course it is real early so things could look different in a couple of months. But for now just off the top of my head, quite a few former Redbirds could be dotting All Star teams come July. Among them are Kelly, Wong, Gallen, Alcantara, Garcia, Arozarena, Lynn and Grichuk. Luke Weaver pitched a one-hit gem against Cincinnati early on, but I am not sure he has done that well since.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Matt Adams was called up by the Rockies the other day.

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

At a local SABR event a few years ago I mentioned to the now departed Jeff Bridich that I thought he should persue Matt Adams, as he seemed like a perfect Rockies’ player. Looks like it finally happened.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,301 through 1,325 (of 1,334 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years