Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 2,317 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Looking at Perdomo one could make the argument that the Padres screwed his development by keeping him on the 25-man roster an entire season instead of letting him develop in the minors.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s what I thought at the time that it happened. It was a classless act by AJ Preller. Preller also got busted for not disclosing the medical history of Drew Pomeranz when he traded him to Boston in 2017. This guy is a low life.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lot of interesting stuff in this article, including a short write-up on Stan’s 100th bday, but this stood out about Michael Wacha:

Another example of how teams don’t really care about earned run average and focus more on underlying metrics that hint at better performance to come: Michael Wacha is among the most popular starting pitchers in the free-agent market, despite posting a 6.52 ERA in eight appearances for the Mets. Wacha’s average fastball velocity was up in 2020, and his strikeout-to-walk ratio was an outstanding 5.3. He surrendered a whopping nine home runs, but the way teams think these days, they’d prefer to find somebody with the weapons to get better. Wacha broke in with the Cardinals in 2013, but he is still just 29 years old and — like Drew Smyly — could parlay the broad interest into a decent short-term deal.

https://insider.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/30359574/could-theo-epstein-help-mlb-fix-pace-play-problem

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the Cards might have made the right move, after all. #jumpingoverthecliffofconclusions

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/11/24/report-randy-arozarena-arrested-after-allegedly-attempting-to-abduct-his-daughter/

Allegedly there was some physical altercation, which may have been caught on video..

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes, the initial story states Randy beat his ex-father-in-law.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This video shows nothing but loud arguing. Randy is clearly agitated, but did not let go of the child.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1011472986001356

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Is there an Instagram stream?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Is there an Instagram stream?

Allegedly there was some physical altercation, which may have been caught on video.

I was joking, but not surprised if true. I can go a whole day without really caring where my phone is, but realize I’m an extreme outlier. In fact, since I retired, my better days are probably where I don’t carry my phone.

Hope this story isn’t as bad as you might imagine. Ironically, I heard a Marvin Gaye song last night and was reminded of his death. Some people aren’t very good.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I had never heard Todd’s brother died of leukemia, but I did know his dad (Mel) died a couple years ago of multiple myeloma, another blood cancer. Lou Brock also had multiple myeloma.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I am guessing Pham’s next legal action will be a grievance against the Padres if they non-tender him, as hinted in the article. In fact, if his injuries are really “catastrophic” as he claims, he may be helping further his own release.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

People can say what they want about the Pham trade but I don’t miss his drama.

bccran
    Participant

The Cards made the right move trading Pham. For several reasons.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Rangers should get a nice haul for Lynn.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, when you stop to think about it for a minute, that comment from Jon Heyman on the Lance Lynn availability is an eye-opener. Lynn will make a “bargain $8M in 2021”.

You realize that professional sports are so far removed from the real world that you wonder how we keep supporting them. But I suppose the two go hand-in-hand.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The finances of MLB are so outrageous that many fans have come to feel alienated from the game. It doesn’t have to be that way. It could change to a new normal that is better balanced with the real world. I wish it would.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With MLB teams being valued between $1 Billion to $3 Billion, a $8 Million contract to a starting pitcher isn’t outrageous. It is all relevant.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

The irony is that virtually every player who produces four or more war in a season is grossly underpaid compared to their peers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No surprise here… He had already been removed from the 40-man roster…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Romak played for Memphis and Springfield in 2012-2013.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 2,317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.