Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 2,317 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

…and that he is still the most hated man in Washington, DC.

Not that he will probably reach Atlanta, but I wonder how the reaction would be as many still remember the infield fly rule play, though it was really on the umpire…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If you blinked, you may have missed his time with StL…

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian, are we all suffering déjà vu?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I guess the 3-batter minimum will be Mejia’s demise. He’s so useful otherwise.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dick (‘Don’t call me Richie’) Allen. Supposedly, there were times when he stepped to the plate he was so inebriated that he could hardly stand up. Then, he would proceed to crush a 500 ft HR.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Tommy Pham has made $12 million since being traded by the Cardinals. I’m very interested in seeing how much their mulit-year extension offer was worth.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This has come up a number of times in the past. The Cards reportedly offered Pham two years, $4 MM, which he felt disrespected him. By going year-to-year with the Rays instead, including winning an arbitration hearing in year two, he ended up getting $4.67 MM for those same two years (2018-2019). Had he lost the 2019 case, however, he would have made $4.067 over those two years – pretty much the same as the supposed earlier StL offer.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I do not get the point made in the Tweet below. Seems if Pham was betting on himself, he would have gone to hearing again to maximize his 2020 salary. Perhaps the Padres paid his asking price up front, though that would be surprising – especially since MLB Trade Rumors estimated his value this season at $8.6 MM. Wonder why Pham did not go for $8.6?

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian, does a potential injury factor into this? The Padres were said to be concerned about his elbow before finalizing the trade.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I have no idea what may have been discussed between Pham’s agent and the Padres. They could have brought up his vision. Who knows? However, there must not be too much of a concern about his elbow if an NL team took him on in trade, since he has to play in the OF in 2020. I can’t believe the Padres would bring him in if there was a risk of having a Marcell Ozuna arm in left field. 😉

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

I think the Pads may have been waiting to see if that zipper on his lips was working.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Andy Young Top 10 2B prospect

The Goldschmidt deal has probably caused DeWitt to tell Mo he is no longer allowed to trade for MOTO bats

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Nothing to do with former Cards but I couldn’t find a good thread to place this on. just ran across it on YouTube. If you go to the 2:50 minute mark in the link you will see a crane collapse that killed 3 men while attempting to install the roof at Miller Park in Milwaukee on July 14, 1999. I had never heard of this but it sure must have done a lot of damage in addition to taking 3 lives: The link is:

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As I understand it the original operating engineer who was responsible for operating that crane refused to do the work of lifting that structure saying it was too windy and the crane couldn’t withstand the force added by the wind. The wind continued and the work was getting behind schedule, so the contractor searched for, and found, an operating engineer on the West Coast who was willing to take a chance and operate the crane with the wind blowing. Tragic.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I’m not even going to try to pronounce that catchers name…

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I found a pronunciation guide to that guy’s name: Gi-li Gi-lao Gong-Kuan

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A good Scrabble score!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual
Viewing 25 posts - 751 through 775 (of 2,317 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.