Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 766 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC said:

Terry Bradshaw might be coaching the wrong sport.

This one actually was drafted by and played for the Cardinals in short parts of 1995 and 1996. It was his only MLB action.

Plus, I bet he doesn’t say “Jag-wires”! 😉

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bradste01.shtml

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Skip is moving up.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

What is an associate manager?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I wonder why…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC asked:

What is an associate manager?

A new title created by a PBO? Now, the fun will begin as other copycat teams follow.

Prediction for next up – Manager of Field Operations… 😉

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Participant

Free

For whatever reason Pham was traded, Cy Young winner Blake Snell wasn’t happy when he found out on a live Twitch feed:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/blake-snell-rays-tommy-pham-trade-prospect-061539441.html

From what I’ve read is the Rays traded him to save money. Renfroe is a cheaper option.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Lots of whining (not here) about Rosenthal being burned out by Matheny but he sure sounds happy to be reunited with him. I frankly don’t think Rosenthal is a good acquisition minor league contract or not. So that is almost a guarantee he will prove me wrong this season (but I doubt it). But KC is investing 2 million plus 2 million and change in incentives. This is where I think baseball has gone nuts. A guy whose career is on a downhill slant simply does not justify TWO MILLION DOLLARS as a relief pitcher. I know, I know, that is the way of MLB these days but it is still WRONG.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You misunderstand, MM3. Rosenthal was signed to a MINOR league contract. He only makes the big money if he pitches well enough in the spring to make the team.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Honestly a $2 million base with another $2.5 million in incentives is chump change. The incentives are extremely low.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sometimes you just have to move on. This is one of those occasions. Rosenthal has not been right since coming back from TJS. He has been with three different organizations, and at the MLB level, has a 13.50 ERA. In the minors, it was 9.60. That covers 39 appearances.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Brian, I was not advocating that the Cards should have signed him.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Wizard turned 65 today.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Remember when we had a long thread with debate over whether the Cards should re-sign Ross or Wainwright for 2019?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kozma’s glove just keeps giving him chance after chance. Good for Pete. He’s made himself a few million bucks playing baseball, which is great news for he and his family.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

He was playing in Australia this winter. Not afraid to live out of a suitcase to play ball…

Participant

Free

Pete was always one of my favorites. Pure coincidence that I was getting ready to look him up when I got the word on TCN that he signed with the Braves. I remember when Pete was batting .225-.230 and the fans were killing him despite great defense at SS. Now he doesn’t come close to that in his few chances but a lot of the 2019 Cardinals were hovering in that same BA range and not getting half the grief that Pete got.
    Never knew that he played in Australia is winter (their summer). One of those guys that just hangs around and makes money doing what he loves.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Kozma has been able to tuck away a couple of million bucks before the age of 30. Good for him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I always liked Pete. He can always tell his grandkids that he was the starting shortstop on a world series team.

Viewing 25 posts - 726 through 750 (of 766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years