Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 2,377 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He was striking out at a rate of 35% in 2019, and a rate of 22% in 2018 and 24% in 2017. You have to think the Nationals were telling him to go for the HR in every PA. I think he’ll have a job in 2020.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I have always thought Adams would be real good out here with the Rockies. I mentioned that to Jeff Bridich at a SABR event one time, but he sort of downplayed it and did not seem to be of a similar opinion.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

Am I late to the show (again) or has there not been any posts about Jimmy Ballgame and his marital situation? It appears to be a pretty ugly situation. Is Edmonds still a paid Cardinal coach of some sort? I did not see him in the photo of all the uniformed Cards coaches posted by Brian. Usually when something comes up that involves an athlete or former athlete his organization divorces all memory of him. Strange to not have heard anything of this nature from the Cards. Inquiring minds would like to know – any news?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Why would the Cardinals organization react to Edmonds’ marital problems? There are no legal issues, as far as I know, so why would an ugly divorce affect his employment?

As far as I know, he is still a special instructor who helps the team out when he can. He has been employed by FOX Sports Midwest as a game analyst, as well.

If that changes in 2020 is still anyone’s guess.

Minuteman3
    Participant

Free

<Brian Walton wrote:

Why would the Cardinals organization comment about Edmonds’ marital problems?>

Well he is a paid member of the Cardinals organization and MLB teams seem to comment when any of their employees are involved with something that could affect the image of the ball club. Usually it is the media that won’t let a subject die but in the case of the Cardinals, the PD media seems to think they would suffer if they asked some questions. But, also, some of the charges being mentioned in the Edmonds case go beyond simple marital problems. I would be willing to bet that Edmonds is no longer on the Cardinals staff come Spring Training. FS Midwest – yes, still there because their options are slim as he is the best they have to offer. I don’t support the Cards dumping him as an instructor but just feel that they will do it to ‘protect the image.’

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You and I see this differently.

As far as the PD or anyone else asking questions, what right do we have to snoop in the personal matters of an individual when it has nothing to with their job? Any idea how many players, front office officials and media members go through divorces?

Edmonds’ choice of a spouse was a reality TV star, so they have to expect to live their lives in the tabloids. But again, no laws have been broken, it appears. No one has been arrested or charged with a crime.

We will see what happens in the spring, but since this is happening in the real time, decisions probably haven’t been made. But other team employees who had problems that included court cases were not cut loose because of it, so I see no reason Edmonds would be the exception.

Personally, I hope that no one loses their job as a result. It sounds like enough people will be hurt, as it is.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

La Russa and Madden – two of the biggest non player egos in baseball. What could go wrong?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Conner Greene lost his 40-man spot with KC…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Young is an infielder who was part of the Goldschmidt trade. Nice story for a once-37th-rounder to move one step closer to MLB.

In MLB’s proposed new world, that part of the draft will become extinct. The Youngs of the world would have to fight through independent ball, if they even want to try to hook on with an affiliated organization.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another ex-Card loses his roster spot.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Taylor Widener played at Carolina…he has gotten further than I thought he would. Good luck to him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In what should be a surprise to no one, John Mabry has resurfaced as a coach on Mike Matheny’s KC staff.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Rusty Kuntz is one of the greatest baseball names of all time. Terry Bradshaw might be coaching the wrong sport. 😉

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Another ahem… creative new team name…

What do you like better – Sod Poodles or Sea Unicorns?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to see Cal Eldred keeping a job. He is a good guy.

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 2,377 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.