Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

This topic contains 635 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugsleyAddams 12 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 636 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

Sam Freeman making his debut for LAA

Voit has been on base 34 straight games. Is that True?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Minuteman3
    Participant

Luke Voit – 3-4 vs SF. On base 38 straight games; hitting 14-15. Makes one wonder if he could have excelled under Shildt but not with orders to keep Carp at 1B.

Matt Adams – walkoff homer for Wash in 11th. Another 1B who passed through the system and seems to do better with others.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Greg Holland has now pitched 30-1/3 innings since leaving the Cards, and has allowed 2 earned runs. He’s struck out 39 and walked a far more acceptable 14. This year in Arizona, he’s yet to be scored on.

Hopefully this year’s Cardinal bullpen can have all the fortune that the last couple teams have lost from crazy bad performances out of otherwise solid pitchers.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Amazing what Voit has done as a Bomber. He is the AL player of the week. To think, all we had to do is play him, and the Goldy trade would not have been necessary.

You wonder how we did not see him as anything but a 4A guy?

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Right now, the Marco for ONeill trade looks like a bust for St Louis.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Voit extended his on base streak.

BTW Grienke is a head case but that guy can pitch.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Voit has been on base 34 straight games. Is that True?

MLB shows him 0 for 3 on April 2 with no walks, but he had a HBP that day.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

They don’t hold onto them for long in DC.

Minuteman3
    Participant

When your star pitcher is 1-5 in the first month+ of the season it is rightfully the pitching coach that must go but actually the offense is the offender.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is a time-tested script in both college and professional sports. When the heat is turned up, assistants are the first to be sacrificed. If the pain doesn’t stop, the head man is next.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Look at these stats for 2019. Where was this last year???

https://www.mlb.com/player/greg-holland-518813

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Unless Strasburg fired him for the game starting last night while it was still drizzling, Lilliquist was probably made the example for the team’s poor start. They aren’t going to say that, but lacking any real facts, it seems the most likely reason.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, I agree. He was the scapegoat.

Dave Martinez probably won’t make it much longer either if they continue their pitiful play.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Why some of the writers act surprised like they don’t understand what is going on surprises me. The Nats are in fourth place with a losing record while the Phillies have claimed the high ground. I am not condoning or condemning, but I get it. Common sense.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure what to think about Lilliquist’s firing. Are the development/current status of pitchers like Rosenthal and Siegrist his fault? I don’t think so. I think overuse by the manager played a large role, and you can throw Maness in the mix also. On the development side, Siegrist was a one pitch pitcher when he had velocity, and Rosenthal was a 2 pitch pitcher. I thought Rosenthal had a good curve, but being a closer I understand his lack of use of it. Siegrist, on the other hand, I think might be still a viable reliever today still, if he had a secondary pitch.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The main problem with the Nationals is the injury bug. They are playing without Zimmerman and Turner. That is like us losing both Goldschmidt and DeJong.

Get those two back and they will look a lot better.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good article, Brian. It should very interesting to see where young Jaison will be drafted next month. In my mock draft, I have him being tabbed by Oakland in Round 3.

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 636 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years