Alex Reyes Update

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Alex Reyes Update

This topic contains 385 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by Avatar CardsFanInChiTown 3 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

With Gomber, Helsley, Mayers, Cecil and Reyes (presuming he goes on IL tomorrow) all injured.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Reyes situation is frustrating and sad. Of course he would have almost no trade value at this point so there is no need to consider that. All we can hope for is that he somehow regains his health and confidence before he hits free agency at the end of the 2022 season.

Our rotation would look so different if we had Reyes and CMart going full steam. Alas, it is not to be.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
    14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Its like pulling teeth waiting for the arrival of Reyes. There’s almost enough drama in his career to make a movie of it. He could play himself while he waits out this particular injury. Acting could become a career option.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’ve grown a little weary of the Reyes saga. When he turns up on the Cardinals roster and pitches more than a handful of innings I’ll think a bit more about him. But until then I’ll skip reading all those “if only we had Reyes in the rotation” posts.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

CiF – my sentiments exactly. Except I got tired of the Reyes saga last summer.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hey CiF? Whats the temp over in France today? I heard on the news this morning about the heatwave. They said something about the winds from the Sahara Desert are the cause.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

It’s a mere 86 degrees in my neck of the woods today Rat, but the national weather svc says the Sahara will be treating us to 100 degrees (38C) Wednesday and Thursday. I’ve got lotsa shade, but no swimming pool.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Wrong thread. Deleted tweet.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/jordan-hicks-elbow-injury-torn-ucl

Kimbrel looks really good now, doesn’t he!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With the Hicks injury, the diagnosis on Reyes injury now has more importance. I wonder when more info will be provided. It is amazing the number of top prospects injured this year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Translated: Reyes had a heart attack and is in a medically induced coma, and Gomber got his arm chewed off by a bear while hiking in the woods.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Translated: Reyes had a heart attack and is in a medically induced coma, and Gomber got his arm chewed off by a bear while hiking in the woods.

😂😂😂😂

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Paid - Annual

Newsflash Mo – the Cardinals’ pitching depth was already texted and the pickin’s by now are slim.

Have you paid attention to your minor league teams?

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It appears Reyes will be throwing off the mound soon. At this point, if we get anything out of him this year, it will be a bonus. https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/cardinals-alex-reyes-scheduled-to-throw-off-mound/

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t like Reyes as a reliever. He has too many fits of losing control of his pitches. I’m okay with bringing him up in September and using him for mop up once in awhile.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am just praying that Alex can get healthy, stay healthy and capable of contributing at the major league level. I will worry about role later!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Has there ever been a young pitcher who lost three straight seasons and ended up with any semblance of an MLB career? I’m looking for something to hang some hope on right now, but this doesn’t bode well (not that things were not already ominous before this season).

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nats closer Sean Doolittle is one, as he was moving from first base to pitching.

https://www.espn.in/mlb/story/_/page/seasonpreview_doolittle/is-reliever-sean-doolittle-most-interesting-man-baseball

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is a hot take that I don’t think is too hot… What do you think?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That would be completely foolish. They still have him at a minimum salary for another year I believe, and he won’t be making much in arb if he can’t stay healthy and contribute. It’s the lowest possible risk at this point because you are paying him next to nothing and anything you do get is a bonus.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Here is a hot take that I don’t think is too hot… What do you think?

Who is Alex Reyes?

From the business, you get whatever you can. It would be stupid not to, but would there be any marketable return at all? If I were on the other side, I wouldn’t go there.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It makes you wonder if something wasn’t terribly botched during Reyes’ first major surgery? If not, then Reyes is an extremely fragile individual…..physically gifted, but fragile. Can you realistically envision him going through an entire season injury free?

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 386 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years