Alex Reyes Update

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Alex Reyes Update

This topic contains 339 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 340 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Had a typo in the tweet below. It should be Monday, 5/14, not Tuesday.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reyes’ next Monday start at Peoria is now official. If you waited too long to buy your tickets, don’t blame me! 😉

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder what his pitch count will be Monday. Maybe 80-85?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If he could just learn to be economical he’s ace we’re looking for. Maybe he will?

grayssportsalmanaccc
    Participant

Free

does anyone know when we can get an official confirm on reyes’ springfield rehab start? Im in springfield for biz on friday and will certainly stay until sat if thats when hes slated!

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So the reports were that Reyes is scheduled for 100-120 innings this year. Will that include these rehab starts, any simulated games he pitched before, or is that MLB only?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Carlos Martinez is the ace we’re looking for. He’s putting up great numbers this year except for the first game. Every game he’s pitched he gave us a chance to win.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What if Carlos Martinezs shoulder is worse than expected and he is unable to return at the expected time? Hope for the best.Plan for the worst.As for Alex Reyes i wont be impressed until he pitches well versus higher level players and has no physical problems the next day.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Avatar Bw52.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Avatar Bw52.
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free
    PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t wait for May 28th. Reyes has been terrific so far in the minors.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rats, there is also an entire article on Reyes on the front page right here, and a very good one, I might add!

Reyes Takes Efficiency to New Level, Looks MLB-Ready

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is that a recent photo of Reyes? If so, he looks much skinnier.

Also, still wondering if that 100-120 innings will be the total at the MLB level?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m excited about Reyes too but he can’t do anything about having half of your lineup hitting below .200 and playing shoddy defense. Starting pitching is not our problem.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The photo is from last night. Reyes lost a lot of weight over the winter, though that photo seems to accentuate it more than it is. Here is another shot from last night, from further back and different angle. My take is that he is trim. Looks good to me. Not the baby fat he had before.

https://thecardinalnation.com/wp-content/uploads/Reyes-p2-1280.jpg

I am guessing that the reason your innings question isn’t being answered is that no one knows.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, Reyes had a fantastic night!! Imagine a 3 game series where you trot out Reyes, Martinez and Flaherty. Flaherty seems to be getting comfortable at the big league level. 10 K’s for him today.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Getting more impressed by Reyes.Still want to see how he does against AAA players and how his arm feels after pitching.Still hope Cards are not pushing him until he is completely ready.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just the opposite – the Cards are taking it slow with Reyes. As I mentioned on another thread, he started throwing in the fall, took a period off and began throwing again in late January. He was already pitching multiple innings in minor league games in mid-March and has been throwing on a regular starters schedule every fifth day. It has been a very slow and deliberate ramp up. He is at 15 months post-surgery now and should be ready to roll.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Confirming what we told you two weeks ago.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Mr. Walton Sir,

If all goes well in his start at Memphis will we see him toe the rubber in County Stadium in Milwaukee next week as a starter?

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No. County Stadium was demolished in 2001.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian with the prognosticating expertise!!

I’m excited to see him added to the rotation. Get Martinez back and it’s likely we have the best 1-6 in the bigs. Can’t say 1-5 because the Astros still have that covered.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, dang it, I didn’t mean to say County Stadium. I couldn’t think of the name of the Milwaukee Stadium so I guess I just deferred to County Stadium.

Will Reyes start a game in Miller Park?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bumping in hopes of getting confirmation of Reyes starting next week in Milwaukee.

r/Rat

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weds in Milwaukee would be the next scheduled Gant start, and relative normal rest for Reyes, assuming he is feeling good after tomorrow’s start. But I would think he would start either the 29th to move Wacha back a day or in Gant’s place on the 30th, probably the latter?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 340 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years