Alec Burleson

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Alec Burleson

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 386 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Let’s see how Dickerson does when he’s called back up. Hope he’s not a hole in the lineup like earlier in the season. We need a good left handed bat in that DH slot against RHP.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would just like to see Burleson given a chance. He’s going to have rookie moments like he did at AAA last year, but the experience would be invaluable. But as Brian says, it may happen after the next outfield injury.

bccran
    Participant

He should probably be the 4th outfielder now behind O’Neill, Bader, and Carlson. Yepez is not an outfielder.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

If we get a chance to acquire a good pitcher, I think Burleson makes his major league debut with another club.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Here are our top 5 batters vs RHP’s this season:

OPS+
    172 Goldy
    145 Arenado
    141 Yepez
    123 Donovan
    117 Gorman

I agree w/Cranny, Yepez is not an outfielder, and I’ll add, he is a DH vs RHP’s even tho he hits righty.

If the FO wants to carry Dickerson as the 4th OF, then Nootbaar, Capel, etc. need an injury, just like Burleson, to find playing time.

Yepez has made Dickerson redundant.

bccran
    Participant

The Cardinals played DeJong far too long because they were paying him significant dollars. Let’s hope they don’t make the same mistake with Dickerson.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I would prefer the club to DFA Corey, but guaranteed moola means they won’t do that. And he is a guy who could very well be a good hitter over the second half.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Now that O’Neill is out longer, it is time to bring Burleson up.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

In light of the news on O’Neill and an assumption that he will miss significant time, it’s time for Burleson.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It doesn’t sound like O’Neill will miss significant time.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Then I guess there is no need to call up Burleson. Let him play everyday at AAA. No sense starting his clock and have him sit at least 1/3 of the time. I might prefer that the Cardinals release Dickerson but it’s not going to happen.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A release could still happen but it wasn’t realistic to expect it before Dickerson gets a second chance while healthy to redeem himself.

bccran
    Participant

Dickerson –

Rockies
    Rays
    Pirates
    Phillies
    Marlins
    Blue Jays
    Cardinals

A true journeyman.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Besides all of that, we better hope Metz can do better than his 6+ ERA because we will be seeing a lot of whatever he’s got for a few years.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Since Matz has an ERA of 19.00 with Yadi behind the plate and less than 2.00 with Knizner behind the plate, let’s see what Matz can do when he gets back to the active roster before writing him off.

bccran
    Participant

Is it really 2 runs in the last 48 non extra innings?

bccran
    Participant

Goldschmidt has 65 RBI season to date. He ranks 3rd in Major League Baseball. Burleson has 64.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Bros and ladies, Yepez sucks in the OF, Pujols should have just retired, but don’t bash Yepez when he’s the third best bat on the team that can’t produce runs.
    Maybe he moves in with Willie in the offseason and becomes a GG CF? Hah

BUT…. His desire to become great should not be overlooked and definitely not undervalued in my opinion. Being a sponge of Alberts advice and tips is not a bad guy to DH or play below avg in the OF.

Toward the end of the year I’m hoping for a Yadi and Herrera bond as well.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Juan Yepez can flat out pick it over at 1st base, CardsFanInChiTown. Pez is not a train wreck over at 1st like he is in the outfield. He’s a smooth running machine hitting on all cylinders and is the heir apparent to Goldy.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Pugs, he’s not Goldy but not as bad there. I was supporting them needing his bat. There were 5 guys in the lineup batting under .200 yesterday. I’m not an expert but “that ain’t good”!

Can Yepez catch? 🤣

bccran
    Participant

Hanging in there. Hitting .338 with 16 home runs and 64 RBI in 76 games. Still only striking out 15% of the time. Maybe he could hit protectively behind Arenado.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

It will be interesting to see what’s done at the deadline, who’s left, if they give Burleson a chance after, hoping he’s not 1 of them traded.

bccran
    Participant

They have other guys they could trade – O’Neill, Bader, Dickerson, Yepez, Gomez, Sosa, Knizner or Herrera, etc.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

One of the best trade pieces is Woodford. There is a player that is wasting away that many many teams would jump at. Teams see his stats and have also seen him Pitch well don’t understand how bad he is.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 386 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years