Alec Burleson

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Alec Burleson

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 379 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Got it. You have a philosophy to build from within. You draft, develop through the system, and end up with some guys who hit really well at AAA. But don’t count on them because look at what other guys have done before. A formula for success.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The day has arrived! Burleson is freed!

Carlson to the IL with a sprained thumb and Capel DFAed.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Good insight on why now. Does it hint that Carlson’s injury recovery may not be quick?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I might have rather seen if Yepez was about to enter another scorching streak, but I get the choice of Burleson on some level as he’s had a very good year. Hopefully he’ll finish the season well.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But Burleson isn’t eligible for the post season roster, is he? I thought he had to be added before September 1st?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Just have to be in the organization before 9/1. Not necessarily on the 40 man.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C27, not always. From MLB:

A player who doesn’t meet said criteria for postseason eligibility can still be added to a team’s roster in the postseason via petition to the Commissioner’s Office if the player was in the organization on Aug. 31 and is replacing someone who is on the injured list and has served the minimum amount of time required for activation. (For example, a player on the 10-day injured list who has been on it for at least 10 days, or a player who has been on the 60-day injured list for at least 60 days.) Players who are acquired in September or after are ineligible.

So, for example, if Carlson’s thumb is hurt so badly he can’t play in the post-season, Burleson could be added to replace him.

bccran
    Participant

The Burleson merry-go-round ends now. Let’s see how he does. I’ll bet the Burleson clan is flying in from all over. Very exciting for him and his family. Wish him well.

14NyquisT
    Participant

He scored his first run today as he was on first via BB and then Molina left the yard.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bccran
    Participant

Graduated from college in 3 years. That shows some discipline.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Was it a junior college?
    *wink*

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Now that’s funny. As my cousin used to say, “College was the best seven years of my life.”

bccran
    Participant

Marketing and finance degree from East Carolina U.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

bccran…Marketing? I don’t have a degree, but Mrs. 1TD says I do a good job when I tag along to the grocery store. I’m real good when positioned in the deli aisle. Finance not so much. I’m so broke I can’t pay attention…

bccran
    Participant

Any time a person graduates from college in 3 years, it seems like it shows a good work ethic. Mr. Burleson also seemed like a really nice person during the interview.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

bccran…He sure did. So does his Big League son. J. Hayes interviewed Alec on the pregame and had him elaborate on the phone call. Real good interview with the young ballplayer.

bccran
    Participant

Seems like a nice young man. Glad he’s a Cardinal.

bccran
    Participant

Wonder where JJ went to college. *wink*

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I have 5 1/2 years of college.

r/Esteemed Rat

bccran
    Participant

I only have an undergraduate degree, Rat. Vietnam got in the way of graduate school.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I played for Wally Moon at JBU, but it was before grass was green, so hardly seems worth mentioning these days 😋

bccran
    Participant

The Golden Eagles!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have 5 1/2 years of college.

So what Rat…..I have 6 years of high school.

I think Burley is going to be a very special talent. We better not trade him this winter

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I still see Lance Berkman when I see him play. He’s a bigger body than Lance was, but the movements and skill to me is comparable. I don’t know that he develops 40+ HR power, but he definitely think high 20 to low 30. I think the lack of power vs LHP is going to limit some of his numbers and probably be a platoon. But I definitely think he could be a very valuable bat.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years