2024 Spring Training game thread

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2024 Spring Training game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #243673
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    12 runs with no homers.

    Burleson with a SB, Scott with a CS.

    Baseball can be a funny game.

    #243680
    TXCardBird
    Participant

    Free

    I say make Rom our 6th starter. What could it hurt?

    #243682
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    My guess is with Gray down, Liberatore and Rom will make a 6 man rotation.

    #243683
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    TV game today. Crawford at SS, Donovan at 3B. Carlson starts against lefty Patrick Corbin.

    #243692
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Crawford at SS,

    Let’s go Brandon!

    #243699
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Love it Bling!!

    #243700
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    It used to be Pugs pushing the envelope. Now we have a new contender. I want this to stop right now before it gets legs. We have a bunch of new posters and I don’t want them to think this kind of stuff is ok here. We all know better.

    #243701
    CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

    Free

    Thompson gets the (unfortunately) 5th spot over Rom I’d assume right? I’d actually assume Libby over Rom.

    #243702
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    There should be plenty of shuffling concerning not only the order of turns, but also the number of pitchers who at some point are members of the rotation. Zsa Zsa Gabor and her sister Eva could both take a turn or two before season’s end…It’s my view that the rotation and BP face the genuine possibility of taking on the look of the position players of last season in the sense that nearly no one will be assigned a clearly defined role, which is often the case when a team is placed under the guidance of extremely poor leadership.

    #243705
    gscottar
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Let’s go Brandon!

    Oh FFS. Seriously?

    #243716
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Cards up 3-1 in the 3rd. Donovan two hits and two runs scored. Mikolas has allowed 6 hits but just 1 run.

    #243717
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It is encouraging seeing them able to score runs in the absence of homers.

    #243722
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Romero getting ground ball after ground ball but all are getting through – several through the left side. Is Saggese at SS the issue? I can’t watch games yet.

    #243725
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    The game got out of hand fast with nine runs in the seventh and eighth. Four against Romero, four more against Wilking Rodriguez and one more vs. Svanson. 11-4 Nats.

    #243727
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    Do we have any interest in Trevor Bauer?

    #243731
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Yeah, a baseball game can get out of hand and head south in the blink of an eye. An entire season can do the same thing as witnessed by the fortunes of last season. Hopefully, steps are taken to breathe some sort of life into this team before it’s too late in ’24. We’ll see what happens.

    #243735
    gscottar
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Do we have any interest in Trevor Bauer?

    No I don’t think anyone in MLB has any interest in him or they would have signed him already. He is toxic.

    #243738
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’d guess we’ll see Hank before Trevor. But I’m not a baseball gypsy, so I don’t know for sure.

    #243740
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Is Saggese at SS the issue

    I wonder about that also.

    #243742
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    It used to be Pugs pushing the envelope.

    I’ve seen the error of my former ways, Brian. And I thank you, Ray, UCONN and BicycleMike for aiding in my maturity and newfound tactfulness. Appreciate it , gang!

    #243744
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Nothing to blame Saggese about in the 7th. The one ball past him was a rocket.

    7th against Romero
    Hard liner over 1B head
    Chopper between 1B and 2B into RF
    Liner between 1B and 2B into RF (2 RBI)
    HBP
    Hard liner past SS into LF (2 RBI)
    Single off 3B glove (2 RBI) – runner caught in rundown
    infield out #2
    1B unassisted out #3

    #243747
    Jnevel
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Thanks for the recap Brian!

    #243748
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Well, it’s baseball and you have to blame someone…Everyone knows that that someone will always be the manager…

    #243749
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Saggese wasn’t anywhere near the ball in the eighth, either.

    8th against Rodriguez
    K swinging
    Single to CF, SB
    BB
    BB
    K
    BB (RBI)

    Svanson enters with bases loaded and two out
    Hard single up the middle (2 RBI)
    Double to deep LF (2 RBI)
    Liner to LF out #3 (nice diving catch by Siani)

    #243750
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I’ve yet to see a SS who could defend against a BB bleeding through the IF…

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years