2022 CBA negotiations

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 CBA negotiations

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 446 total)
  • Author
    LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

And then nobody actually asked Albert whether he really wanted to play or not…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Another reason I am optomistic is it appears a framework acceptable to both sides has been established. Now they just have to agree on the bonus pool amount.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reports are that the two sides are stuck on at least two major issues – Super two for all players and revenue sharing reduction. MLB says these are not on the table, while the MLBPA is demanding them. Given all the other outstanding issues, too, I hadn’t seen anyone declaring an agreement on framework.

CC, I really hope your optimism proves correct, though…

1982 willie
    Participant

Haven’t seen anything indicating it is close.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

“A quick end to the lockout seems quite remote…”

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This story theorizes that Manfred, etc. want to use the mediator to try to help them get the various owners on the same page.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Truer words were never spoken. Yet they ring hollow. Blaming it on generic “baseball” glosses over his own role as a player leader. When push comes to shove, Waino and the other players want the owners to be the ones to yield.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Again like I said, things will get fixed when both sides start to lose $…

And then both sides will claim that they were the victims in the fight…

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Need a fans union.

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

I wonder if the season is in jeopardy?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not yet, Nate, but a full spring training seems unlikely at this point.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Maybe a completely lost year like Hockey had is what it will take to fix this for a while.

The Covid year in 2020 and the labor year in 2022 would certainly set the game back some.

1994 is a distant memory for most now and as I recall it took Sosa – McGwuire in 1998 to fully reengage the fans.

Due to Covid cancellations and political messaging turning me off – I learned that I could live without sports entertainment. I dove deep into the study of WW2 military and geopolitical history.

I’d rather have baseball than not have it but a certain part of me also wants to see all the major sports leagues knocked down a peg or two……

bccran
    Participant

Agree, ZTR. With the lockout, ads on pitcher’s mounds, potential of corporate ads on uniforms, and the influx of MLB betting, it’s pushing the patience of the average fan. MLB simply doesn’t get what they’re doing to the sport. They’re alienating the long time fans at the same time the younger generation is turning away from the sport because it’s “boring”.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not to worry gang. I hope nobody actually believes that we’re going to lose regular season games. Just not going to happen. We will be playing ball before you know it.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

We’ll have baseball this season. Maybe not until June but we’ll have it.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I do think we end up with a full or very close to full regular season but with shortened spring training there will likely be more injuries and some poor baseball as they ‘play themselves back into shape.’

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In rough terms, to have a full regular season, a deal would need to be not only agreed to, but ratified and signed by the end of this month – just three weeks from now. That feels really aggressive, especially considering no further sessions between the two sides are even scheduled currently. I am struggling for facts that would help me feel more optimistic.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Feb 6, 1958 – Ted Williams signed a contract with the Red Sox for $135,000 making him the highest paid player in MLB history.

$1 in 1958 = $9.65 today so lets round that to 10.

In today’s dollars the Splendid Splinter would be getting $1,350,000 as the highest paid player.

These guys can cry me a river.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, I like your optimism and I hope you are right but I am seeing little evidence of it so far. Neither side seems willing to budge much. Also, neither side has much leadership, especially MLB. The next time Manfred does something smart will be the first time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 446 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.