2022 CBA negotiations

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 CBA negotiations

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 440 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Baseball is back” is trending on Twitter but I haven’t seen any big names confirming it yet.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I am a baseball fan and I do not blame Management over the Union. I blame both. They have had plenty of time to come to an agreement and they failed to do so.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is official.

Some of the details…

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So, a deal has been struck!

How many doubleheaders are going to be needed to get 162 games in?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And will there be a brand new schedule come out? If so when can we expect it? MLB Network just said the regular season will be extended by three days now.

And the doubleheaders will be 9 innings. Universal DH will be used. No word on shifts yet.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There you go……162 it is. You know, one of these years I’m going to make a bad call on a baseball matter, Rat. Play ball!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s get rid of shifts! Except for all of the extra evening shifts our stadium beer vendors are going to have to put in with all of these doubleheaders….those shifts can and must stay.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals voted against the deal.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Opening Day is April 7.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe the Cards can do their Colin Moran deal tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank God 9 inning doubleheaders are back and that T-ballish rule of starting extra innings with a runner stationed at 2nd base before a pitch has been hurled, has gone the way of bathtub urinals in Wrigley Field restrooms.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Are we going to have the exact same 2022 schedule that came out last year?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m glad that they have things settled. Now for the big free agent rush. I’m sure the Cards will be tied to many guys that they won’t actually sign. But at least that’s baseball related and not labor related, so that’s a positive sign.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems like a wasted effort to me overall. They added higher taxes on teams willing to spend money to make their team better while doing nothing about teams who intentionally lose. Funny Pete rose gets banned for betting on baseball but he always played to win but these guys just get rewarded with more money for just being intentional losers. Added more playoff teams which just dilutes the playoffs even more. More and more like the horrid NBA everyday. Just more reasons not to play to win. No more 7 inning double headers which is great and I guess they got rid of the extra inning thing which is fine. I knew it was coming but I’m still going to gripe about the dh. I don’t like it, never have and never will. I’ll always be a fan of the game but it’s hard to see what it has become. A joke but not a funny one. Play ball

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One thing about the dh. I wouldn’t mind it so much if it was used like it should be. It should be used for players that just need a day off from being out in the hot sun or for players that need at bats like someone coming off a injury. Should be a rule that the same player can only dh twice a week. But instead it’s just basically its own position. It’s a joke.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals voted against the deal.

My understanding on this point is that the Cardinal players voted against the deal, not the organization. At least if I read it correctly.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

March 10th/2022 the day real baseball as it was meant to be played died.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jordan Walker, Nolan Gorman, Juan Yepez and potentially some others staying in St Louis rather than being trade bait makes me pretty excited about the DH. It was an obvious move and since the Cards lost their ace in two separate years in the last 7 seasons for extended time due to injuries occurring during at bats, I’d think Cardinal fans would be happy too.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I sure am gonna miss baseball. I will keep watching the Cardinals but every year under this commish has become less and less like the game I grew up watching. Do away with all running, all strategy, defense, and let’s score more damned runs. Soon the Pitchers will be replaced by Pitching machines. They will hit golf balls out of a Pitching machine with a bat double the size. The casual fan gets their way. Getting old has been bad enough watching friends and family die off. Now get to see my favorite sport go too.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Cardinals had 3 starting pitchers on the IL at the same time because they got injured swinging a bat. I say good riddance. Pitchers have basically become automatic outs. Baseball was more exciting in the late 90s and early 2000s when people were jack HRs all the time. I’m in favor of more offense.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Players getting injured is part of the game though growing up I never saw any players getting hurt while batting. Maybe they don’t practice it enough. I mean they can’t throw every day so they should be. I’m like a lot of others, it’s a sad day for the game. The boring American league style is now in vogue.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

More offense is hardly boring. Boring is watching a pitcher hit under the Mendoza line for an entire season and in many cases, an entire career.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I was hoping for the electronic stike calls and maybe something to do with the shift. Glad to see 9 innings coming back. Also getting rid of the runner at second base to start the extra innings.

Like the 3 game playoff in the first round.

Don’t see much to help the underpaid players.

Suprised to see the possibility of an international draft.

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 440 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years