2022 CBA negotiations

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 CBA negotiations

Viewing 21 posts - 426 through 446 (of 446 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

28?

Is that set in stone? Was that just decided? Two nights ago on the MLB Network late broadcast they were talking about this but they never mentioned 28.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

It was announced yesterday along with the ghost/zombie runner on 2B for extra innings.

Owners still need to ratify the changes but that should just be a formality.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I really don’t like the man on second for extra innings rule.

Are double headers still only 7 innings each as well?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

YOU MEAN WE HAVE THAT SILLY A$$ RULE OF PUTTING A RUNNER ON 2NDBASE IN EXTRA INNINGS AGAIN?????

Who are the idiots that are deciding these things???

What in heavens name is happening to our American Pastime?????

Oliver
    Participant

Free

It is moving into the 21st century. The idiots were the players and the owners will approve. I am in the minority but I like the rule. The double headers are 9 innings. That has not changed.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I hate the zombie runners and the DH. I remember listening to a game when the final run crossed the plate in a looong game (17th inning?) on a hit by of all people, Bob Tewksbury, who was not an accomplished hitter. This was about 30 years ago. Pretty sure I wouldn’t have remembered the game if it had ended in the 10th on a leadoff hit by Dickerson.
    Aha, found it. April 25, 1992 vs Expos.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

If they’re gonna use the ghost/zombie runner they should only use it after the 12th inning.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not a fan of the extra inning rule. However, I do agree with the concerns raised by both players and management around player health and maintaining ML rosters. This rule change makes sense for this season. However,, should be reviewed after the season ends.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Only a matter of time before MLB jerseys start looking like NASCAR suits.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Darn, so much for my idea of TCN jersey patches!

Seriously, you may be right. Once they start down the slippery slope…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Darn, so much for my idea of TCN jersey patches!

Eventually there will be names like the Japanese teams. How would you like being The Hormel Canned Hams Nation?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t like the extra inning runner. If they started it after 12 innings, it might not bother me that much but otherwise no. If they are worried about player health, then just add more players to the rosters or allow players to return to lineup. Far as the dh, do t like it but I’ve come to terms with it. I really hate the patches.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

How about Spam Nation? it is canned, but I don’t think it is ham…

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

🙄

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

One of the items in the CBA was a deadline for the owners and players to work together to come up with a plan for an international draft. The two sides couldn’t agree on the changes.

Here it is painted by MLB that the players don’t want change. The reality is that they did not want to accept the terms MLB was proposing.

Heyman sharing the player perspective.

Players union statement:

The Players Association today rejected what MLB characterized as its “final” proposal to establish a draft and hard slotting system for international entrants.

Players made clear from the outset that any International Draft must meaningfully improve the status quo for those players and not unfairly discriminate between those players and domestic entrants. To this end, the Players Association made a series of proposals aimed at protecting and advancing the rights of international amateurs.

Our Draft proposals – unprecedented in MLBPA history – sought to establish minimum guarantees in player signings, roster spots, infrastructure investments, playing opportunities, scouting opportunities, as well as enforcement measures to combat corruption. We also made proposals to compensate international signees more fairly and in line with other amateurs, and to ensure that all prospects have access to an educational and player development safety net.

At their core, each of our proposals was focused on protecting against the scenario that all Players fear the most – the erosion of our game on the world stage, with international players becoming the latest victim in baseball’s prioritization of efficiency over fundamental fairness. The League’s responses fell well short of anything Players could consider a fair deal.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Can’t wait until the next lockout.

On another note the league can mention corruption all they want but what it comes down to is paying less.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is very much worth reading. It explains a hammer used by MLB that has nothing to do with the international draft limiting free agency for many MLB players.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Brian can you point to the direct paragraph you’re referencing?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I was referring to the owners reinstituting the qualifying offer for MLB free agents because the union would not agree to MLB’s international draft proposal. It is mentioned in the first paragraph.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The “other” Julio Rodriguez is a rookie. Those poor owners. I hope they can make ends meet…

Viewing 21 posts - 426 through 446 (of 446 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years