2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Spring Training Game(s) Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 456 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Williams up with the bases loaded, the Mets pitcher not throwing strikes and one out. Overanxious, he swings at the first pitch and grounds into an inning-ending 4-6-3.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sosa follows a Schrock triple with a HR. Tied at 3. in the 8th.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like the game ended in a tie. Good to see Sosa with a bit of pop. He could use a good spring to give himself a shot at making the opening day roster.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Free

I’m hoping they choose to carry Sosa and a 4th OF’r along with Wieters, Miller and Edman.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Edman is a starter…Miller and Weiters are not.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’m pretty sure Munoz was stealing when he got doubled up. It’s possible it was a poorly executed hit and run too.

You are right. I just caught the play on MLB Network. He was running on a 3-2 pitch and had just passed 2B before he turned around. Just one of those risk-reward decisions that Shildt used a lot last year. Might even see more of that this year with the roster makeup.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting that Miller is at SS.
    He won the Brooks Wallace award as the top SS in college baseball when he was at Clemson. Could be DeJong’s #1 backup?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Though his college days ended long ago, it seems most likely at this very early point that Miller will be the top reserve shortstop.

Participant

Paid - Annual

It is great to see all the young prospects in these early ST games. So far you have to like what you’re seeing. I’m glad to see Nogowski getting the start at 1st Base. He missed a chance to make a great play twice yesterday. Ravelo in LF today, hey it is still very early on and the Cards thrive on versatility. He started 34 games in left field last season for the Redbirds the same number of starts he had at 1B.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Games in Miller’s major league career –

SS – 376
    2B – 169
    OF – 112
    1B – 75
    3B – 26

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Is that our #4 outfielder in CF?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Thomas muffs one in CF in the 1st to let in a run and then leaves a runner at 3B with less than 2 outs in the second. Not very impressive.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An RBI single by Ravelo and a force out has the Cards up 2-1 in the second.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I truly wonder if Mercado and Arozarena are going to have better MLB careers than Bader, O’Neill, Thomas, and
    Williams. I really like Arozarena, and he’s starting out ST strong.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No team is perfect in evaluating talent, but the list of MLB stars the Cards traded away in recent years is very short.

At the time Mercado was traded, I was surprised as I felt he was a true leadoff hitter type, but the Cards bet on Bader instead. Coming into today, Arozarena has exactly two at-bats with his new team (double and triple). It could be just a wee bit early to pass judgement about him.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jim Edmonds needs to spend less time in the tabloids and more time keeping up with MLB news. Latest example is that he had no idea that David Freese has retired. Jim is a fine analyst, but pays very little attention to what is going on around the game.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thomas’ rough start continues as he is picked off first after having singled.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two solid innings from Helsley. Will he start, set up or close? He and Gant, who he followed today, are really wild cards.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice eye for Gorman who works the 4 pitch walk. The Cards need one of he or Montero to have a big 2020.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Two solid innings from Helsley. Will he start, set up or close?

Yes. Lol

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 456 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years