2020 MLB Draft

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 MLB Draft

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 965 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All I know is that Bob Reed was high on Montero based on his elite 2018…and when Bob gives his seal of approval, I pay attention. I would have loved to see his 2020 play out because I think we would have seen his bat look more like 2018 MVP Montero than 2019 bad hand Montero. I guess we’ll have to wait til the expanded fall league or 2021 to see now.

bccran
    Participant

Tommy Edman was a 6th round draft pick, who hit .286 with no home runs at Stanford the year he was drafted. How’s that for a pop up?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

A Cardinal scout told me they were all surprised by the season he had last year. They never saw that kind of speed from him. He just got better.

bccran
    Participant

Dumb question maybe, but does the intellect analyze and reinforce the things necessary to improve? Could that be the same with Walker?

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

In case you haven’t seen this. THought it might be of interest.
    B/R Post Draft System Rankings

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

super small sample size on Montero. My bad.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So tomorrow will be interesting to see which undrafted free agents signs where. The Cardinals in past years used to excel at this.

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes. but that was prior to the ridiculously low twenty thousand cap

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

from MLBTradeRumors:

Cardinals fourth-rounder Ian Bedell will sign with the team, the right-hander told MLB.com’s Anne Rogers. Terms of the agreement weren’t revealed, though the 122nd overall selection has a $469K slot value. “I would have gone back to school if the signing bonus wasn’t there, but they made a good offer, and I couldn’t be happier,” said Bedell, who grew up as a Cards fan. Draft pundits had a pretty wide range of opinions on Bedell’s draft stock (The Athletic’s Keith Law ranked him as the 58th-best prospect in the draft class, Fangraphs 85th, MLB Pipeline 88th, and Baseball America 105th), though those rankings still represent somewhat of a steal for the Cardinals with the 122nd pick. Bedell drew praise for his command and control of his pitches rather than his pure arsenal, and he pitched very well in the Cape Cod League last summer.

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I heard we signed Chamberlain this morning. College senior centerfielder.

https://newhavenchargers.com/sports/baseball/roster/matt-chamberlain/10563

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

UncleDenny
    Participant

Gianluca Dalatri

Derek Shore
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3B/OF Matt Koperniak is the next Cardinals UDFA signee. He went to Trinity College in Connecticut, which is a D3 school. Slashed .373/.464/.587 with 13 home runs and 75 RBIs over 106 career games. He was due to graduate from Trinity this spring, but transferred to Kansas State in April. Alabama and West Virginia was also recruiting him, according to this story: https://www.berkshireeagle.com/stories/former-hoosac-valley-star-matt-koperniak-transferring-to-play-ncaa-d-i-baseball,603436

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

that BA page I linke above is being updated as he hours and minutes go by.
    Five have now signed with Cards.

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dalatri is 6′ 6″ 250

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In the article Dalatri wrote about his mental struggles due to all the injuries, he said his weight went way up while he was sidelined. North Carolina lists him at 240 this spring so that is what I am going with. (The link to the aforementioned article is included in his write-up in our front page article. It is a long one but worth reading, IMO.)

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

A high tide raises all the boats. I think they believe the carrier Jordan is greatness that will turn Masyn into a destroyer. They will all clearly start together. It seems like they have a leader destined for greatness. What effect will he have on Torres. Isn’t Jordan the hitter we envision Torres to be?

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Brian’s article said Dalatri was a 2018 preseason all american. That seems strange since he missed almost all of 2017

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I think Montero is one of the players most hurt by the lack of a 2020 minor league season. The only bright side is he should definitely be 100% recovered from his wrist injury going in to 2021

14NyquisT
    Participant

Besides Walker has TCN mentioned any of the other draftees making their Top-50 list?

UFA Kuperniak…. nice sign.

Derek.. how would you rate these new guys top to bottom.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hold off until Tuesday morning and you will be given a new top 50 with both Derek’s and my explanations of which draft picks slot where.

Update: This has been delayed due to the additional free agent signings that occurred on Monday.

THerr28
    Participant

Paid - Annual

UFDA Jacob Buchberger, RHP/Inf, Davenport Univrsity

2019 (Jr.): Named Third Team All-American by three different organizations including NBCWA, ABCA and D2CCA…named Academic First Team All-American by CoSIDA…won a GLIAC Commissioner’s Award for the spring season…named to the GLIAC Academic All-Excellence team…also named First Team All-Region by three previous organizations…selected as GLIAC Player of the Year and First Team All-GLIAC…named GLIAC Player of the Week on April 15…led the team with a .429 batting average with 78 hits in 182 at-bats…tied the school record for batting average in a season…played in 46 games and made 45 starts…scored 54 runs and collected 12 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 40 RBI…slugged .659 with a .498 on-base percentage…drew 22 walks and went 22-of-25 in steals…had the fifth-highest slugging percentage at DU and the fourth-highest on-base percentage…had the fifth-most hits in a season and tied for the fourth-most runs scored…had the fourth-most stolen bases…on the mound, posted a 0-2 record with a 1.42 ERA in 12.2 innings…made eight appearances and earned two saves…struck out 10 batters who hit .255 against him.

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 965 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.