2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    PadsFS
    Participant

My picks:

#51 – Jeremy Martinez, CA
    #52 – Victor Garcia, RF
    #53 – Carlos Soler, CF
    #54 – Jonatan Machado, CF
    #55 – Juan Yepez, 3B

14NyquisT
    Participant

If we happen to be moving on:

No.51 – Dahlberg

No.52 – JeMartinez

No.53 – YGonzalez

No.54 – AnWarner

No.55 – Nogowski

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#51-Ludwin Jimenez, RHP. I’m breaking protocol a bit here, but want to make sure this kid gets noticed. I firmly believe that he will make anyone who doesn’t vote for him look foolish, probably as soon as next year. Why, you might ask? Well, for starters, he had a 3.55 ERA in his first stint in the DSL this year in 63.1 IP. Solid… perhaps not spectacular. But this doesn’t tell the whole story. He combined good strikeout stuff (9.81 K/9) with solid command (2.56 BB/9), leading to a stellar 3.23 FIP and 2.91 xFIP.

Oh, and did I mention… this was his age 16 season?? Strikeout stuff + control at that age against older competition=sign me up. VOTE FOR LUDWIN

#52-Austin Warner
    #53-Justin Toerner

#54-Nick Dunn. He held his own at State College in his draft year (125 wRC+), and I think he’ll enjoy a step forward this year wherever he lands.

#55-Carlos Soler. He tore up the DSL as well. This year will be the test as he moves stateside full time. Perhaps the emphasis on quantity in the DSL lately will pay off.

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

51. Machado
    52. Dobzanski
    53. Puello
    54. Zach Jackson
    55. Nick Dunn

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

51. Gil
    52. Ellis
    53. Soler
    54. D. Gonzalez
    55. Pinder

14NyquisT
    Participant

CC…. Gil = #48 and Pinder = #49.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Oops

Try again

51. Machado
    52. Ellis
    53. Soler
    54. D. Gonzalez
    55. Rondon

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51.Jake Dahlberg LP
    52.Zach Jackson C
    53.Chris Ellis RP
    54.Austin Warner LP
    55.Nick Dunn 2B

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

51) Derian Gonzalez

52) Ramon Mendoza

53) Angel Rondon

54) Juan Yepez

55) Ludwin Jimenez
    STL25 gave a great salespitch, to which I would only add that among the 30 DSL pitchers who were 16 or 17 this year, and threw at least 55 innings, the 16-year-old Jimenez had the highest strikeout rate with his excellent 9.81 per 9 IP. I know nothing of his repertoire, but being so young and listed at 6′ 2″ and 165, Ludwin would at least seem to have room to grow in positive ways, in both directions. Add a couple of inches and 25-30 pounds over the next few years, and he’s got the prototypical Flahertyesque pitcher physique. For whatever that’s worth.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

51 Yariel Gonzalez
    52 Zach Pendergast
    53 Chris Ellis
    54 Jeremy Martinez
    55 Derian Gonzalez

UncleDenny
    Participant

51 Victor Garcia
    52 Julio Puello
    53 Angel Rondon
    54 Ryan Dobzanski
    55 Nick Dunn

I have to now log on every single time I want member access or to post. Anybody else experience this?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For anyone who wants to discuss log on concerns, please let’s do so on the “Questions about the New TCN” thread pinned to the top of the board, rather than here. Thank you.

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#51 – Jake Dahlberg, lhp

#52 – Anthony Shew, rhp

#53 – Chris Ellis, rhp

#54 – Austin Warner, lhp

#55 – Yariel Gonzalez, inf-of

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. Soler
    52. Victor Garcia
    53. Rondon
    54. D. Gonzalez
    55. Jimenez

Wiley
    Participant

Free

51. Justin Toerner
    52. Jesus Cruz
    53. Derian Gonzalez
    54. Zach Prendergast
    55. Jeremy Martinez

PadsFS
    Participant

Derian Gonzalez is next on my list. It’s hard to blame a guy for his injury issues.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51) Derian Gonzalez. I should have included him earlier. Could see the bigs in 2019.
    52) Jesus Cruz
    53) Yariel Gonzalez
    54) Andrew Warner
    55) Julio Puello

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51 Derian Gonzalez
    52 Yariel Gonzalez
    53 Dobzanski
    54 Soler
    55 Victor Garcia

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

51. Casey Meisner – If he can sustain as an innings eating back of the rotation starter, he’s certainly worthy of a top 50 spot. If he can continue to refine his control at AA, he should hit AAA this year with an outside shot at St. Louis.

52. Jonatan Machado – Big on defense, not much of a bat. Really the same profile as Sierra with a little less arm from what I’ve seen/read. We’ll see how he look at Peoria this year with another year to grow.

53. Jean Selmo – As I answered to Carioca, I see Jean Selmo, Carlos Soler, Cruz, Mendoza all in the same kind of range. They look great in DSL (with Soler getting the promotion). I’m not sure what his Rule 5 status is since he was taken last year, but he’s a little more exciting to me, even though Soler was in CF with Selmo in a corner OF/1B slot already. I think his bat will carry though. I really like his swing from the video I’ve seen. Hard to tell in the DSL, so hopefully he and the others are in the states this year and can get a legit scouting report. A lot of exciting prospects in the Rookie league as compared to the last couple of years.

54. Zach Jackson – As stated before, big lefty power bat. If he continues to progress he’s a different kind of catcher than anything they have in the system currently.

55. Derian Gonzalez – Cards were big on his arm last year adding him to the 40 man. If he stays healthy, he’s probably in the bullpen in STL by the end of the year, at least riding the shuttle. Here’s hoping for a little health for him.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Looks like Meisner is already on the list. Please replace with Victor Garcia at 51 as I somehow dropped him off. Must have mixed them up on my tracker.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51. “The Pelican”

52. Dahlberg

53. Ascanio

54. Shew

55. Y. Gonzalez

Gracias

PadsFS
    Participant

Waiting on desmetlax12 and thejager to vote. They both tabbed Machado last round and could sway the vote for the featured five of this round.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The show MUST go on, Pads…..the show must indeed go on. I say we give these two esteemed posters until high noon tomorrow. And if DesMet and Jags haven’t ridden into town by then, I say we call it a wrap. I had Mucho Machado at #67 anyway.

PadsFS
    Participant

Sounds good.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

51) Machado

52) Derian

53) Ludwin (great sales pitch!)

54) Zach Jackson

55) Rondon

sorry everyone…forgot to check in! my personal list doesnt usually go past 50, so i kind of blanked out after the last vote

Viewing 25 posts - 526 through 550 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.