2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

This topic contains 719 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 720 total)
  • Author
    PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27

I am intrigued by where Gorman, Nunez and Torres will be ranked?

Nunez already received a vote at #1 from our illustrious prospect guru – PugsleyAddams. I would say that his votes may count as 2 given his track record here! Haha.

I don’t know about Torres. Gorman looks like #4-5 to me, given Kelly, O’Neill, and Reyes eligibility.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Avatar PadsFS.
    PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

grenadier1

Thanks PadsFS. My quick google search at work only returned Reyes and I didn’t want to waste too many of your tax dollars looking for a good answer. Hopefully that bodes well for Reyes’ rehab.

No problem. I remember being somewhat relieved when i heard what he had was kind of minor in the grad scheme of things. Anything, but the shoulder.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No one knows if Torres and Nunez can hit the breaking ball.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

No one knows if Gorman can. Or if Montero can hit a slider. Heck, you could argue that no one knows yet for sure if O’Neill or DeJong can hit off speed stuff.

There is a reason they are called ‘prospects”.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Sorry to miss #1. Will vote for Gorman #2. Unusually high ceiling.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have to admit that I’m not as knowledgeable as some of you are when it comes to the minor league system. My interest has always been what what happening in St. Louis but I have tried to broaden my horizons and I have learned a lot from this board. There is no doubt this is the number one site for Cardinal minor league information. I’m still probably not capable of accurately ranking the top 50 minor leaguers but I can do 20 or maybe 30. Anything beyond that is most likely pure guesswork anyway.

Having said that, as long as the big league club is in the playoff race that is where my main focus will be. Hopefully that will last until late October.

semocardsfan21
    Participant

Free

My vote for #2 is an easy one…Dakota Hudson.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How many times have we seen these ‘big bats’ from the DSL or the rookie leagues get to Palm Beach and fall flat? To me it makes more sense to add to a prospect’s ranking by where he was picked and how much his signing bonus was than what he did in the DSL, or the Gulf Coast League, or Johnson City, or State College.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Usually those big bats are older compared to the league, as well (see Sanchez, Brian). Nunez and Torres are 17 and 18, which is nowhere near old for their leagues. That’s not to say they deserve to be ranked way high, but it’s not like there’s not reason to be optimistic already.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s true. I might not have given enough weight to the age factor. There sure is reason for optimism.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Illustrious prospect guru”…..I like it….thanks, Pads! Our seasoned posters may fondly recall the two years where yours truly ran the second half of these Top Prospect rankings…..I think it was ’07 & ’08. Maybe in remembrance, “The Sheriff” can rule the roost for the last pick???

At #2 I select Nunez

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Okay, I may be the only one who doesn’t know this, but what the heck happened with Darren Seferina? How does a prospect with his talent get released mid-season? Does anyone know the circumstances?

Bob Cobb
    Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to join the voting, albeit a little late.

Count me voting for Reyes at number one. Like everyone, I am concerned about the injuries. But I could never drop him as long as there’s a chance for him to fulfill his one-of-a-kind promise.

My #2 is Hudson, just based on his AAA stats alone. The ML innings are just a bonus. Yes, his walk rate is super-high with the big league club, but he looked like he belonged from the first pitch.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

In regards to Nunez and Torres and possibly a good tool to rank them, to those of you who are experienced using Fangraphs or one of those sites, is there a way to filter the top 10 in OPS, under 18, over a certain period of time (past 3-8 years ago as an example)? It would be interesting to see how they have turned out several years down the road.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who is that 18 year old on the Springfield(AA) roster? Read the latest Derek Shore piece to find out.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hmmm… Could it be Ivan Herrera, that emerging 18-year-old catcher? I admit it. I cheated by reading the piece. Its really cool ‘hearing’ these sort of off the radar prospects speak. He won’t be in my top 10, but I think I’m going to have to have him right in there with Malcolm Nunez and Jhon Torres.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry I haven’t closed it. I was partaking in Poker Run at the lake this weekend!

Dakota Hudson is your Cardinal Nation #2 prospect!

Voting is open for #3.

I pick Tyler O’Neill at this spot.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Gorman again.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Gorman at #3 for me, the upside after not stinking it up in full season ball (minus BA) is to much not to love. If he’s going to end up as a superstar talent, 19 in Springfield at the end of the year(2019), would be a very good start.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

O’Neill

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Since we’re taking votes for O’Neill, I’ll go with him for #3.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner #3.

Michael Dusablon
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Hudson at #2. Pitcher of the Year two years running. I expect him to
    be in the rotation for years to come!

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#3 Nolan Gorman.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#3 – Nolan Gorman

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 720 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years