2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

This topic contains 719 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by stlcard25 stlcard25 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 720 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill #2, at least until his rookie status expires. I just hope he is not a AAAA guy.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

grenadier1

Reyes #1. Absolutely dominated in his few starts to remind everyone of his ceiling. Couldn’t find anyone who had the same injury, so banking on modern medicine to allow for a strong come back.

Noah Syndergaard had the exact same injury.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#2 Hudson. I would take O’Neill but no way he stays eligible. I think Dakota will refine his control a bit and be a mid rotation starter or be a high leverage reliever at worst.

jungmh323
    Participant

Free

#2-Tyler O’Neill

I still have some concerns about his contact, but I think his power could offset his problem.

Oh, and thank you for the reply yesterday! Forgot to check it.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar jungmh323.
    vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#2 Hudson – hope to see him take his place in the rotation in 2019 for many years forward.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar vegasjim.
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#2. Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year, Dakota Hudson.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Hey strangers!

I would vote for T.O. here, but he will surely lose eligibility so I will go with Hudson at #2. I will add that Gorman sure is tempting to vote for….

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad to see you back on the board chi town! I’ve missed your posts!

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will still be removing O’Neill when he actually hits the 130 ABs so including him won’t be an issue. He could get hurt tomorrow or have a “flare-up” again and not make it to the required 130.

I never thought we would be voting for Reyes again.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My vote is O’Neill for #2. He just crushes the ball and has proven he already belongs. I would support him over Ozuna in LF going forward at this rate.

I liked the Fowler and Ozuna decisions at the time, since major questions existed regarding Piscotty, Grichuk, and Pham, but Bader and O’Neill have proven to be more than capable since.

UncleDenny
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would love to see Ozuna healthy and what the impact would be.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Hudson

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson for #2

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson #2

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am intrigued by where Gorman, Nunez and Torres will be ranked?

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Hudson

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

#2 Tyler O’Neill. I’m pretty confident he’ll break the 130 AB threshold, however he’s still eligible so I’ve included him in my list. His combination of power and defensive ability should lead to a productive ML career, especially if his current strikeout rate in the majors trends towards his career norm closer to 25%, which I think it will.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

PadsFS
    Noah Syndergaard had the exact same injury.

Thanks PadsFS. My quick google search at work only returned Reyes and I didn’t want to waste too many of your tax dollars looking for a good answer. Hopefully that bodes well for Reyes’ rehab.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Hudson is official at #2 I assume?

Gorman is my #3 pick, what he did at his age (minus the BA at full season) with the power numbers is something special. Random reports say he can stick at 3rd, I base that on what I’ve read only so take that with a grain of salt.

With the “Big 3 3B prospects” the cards have, signing someone like Donaldson for 2 years actually fits quite perfectly. Elehuris M likely won’t get the love he deserves doing what he did at 19…. Nunez,same because of the league but WOW on his numbers, and at a proper age.

A year ago I recall seeing how the Cards have Wisdom as a 3B prospect and no one else, how things can change in a year….. turned out fantastic on this “issue”!

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Geez, I’m always late to the party, but let’s go for Dakota Hudson at #2

This year is going to be a major change in the prospect list. It will not resemble last years other then Reyes at #1. Lots of graduation and intriguing prospects added; Nunez, Gorman, Baker, De Los Santos etc. MY man Elehuris Montero stepping up in a big way. I think our voting is going to be very mixed right from the get go. So….let’s have at it!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Wiley.
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought I voted but I guess I didn’t. Hudson at #2. He’s a solid big league pitcher already, and he’s only going to get better.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

I’m with you; let’s get Donaldson on a three year contract. The man is a gamer and a beast on the base paths. Upper echelon defense and offense.

I’m not sure Montero’s defence will keep him at 3B, so Nolan Gorman’s our future there.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#2 – Gorman. I wavered a little based on his Peoria showing but he looks like a great pick this year. I think he could end up being the next “Pujols” but just a little less successful.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oneill #2 (Hudson 3 and Gorman 4 and Knizner for me is 5 even if it is a bit high…as i will be away from the computer to probably vote for the next couple)

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll keep your votes tucked away thejager! I am interested in who will have Knizner above Kelly since Kelly is still able to be picked here too. Where is Brianpnoonan when you need him?

Do we chalk up Kelly’s semi-subpar 2018 to playing behind Yadi or just more that he’s playing at his true talent level?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 720 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years