2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS TOP PROSPECTS VOTING

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    PadsFS
    Participant

Alright!

Closing the vote:

#51 – Derian Gonzalez, RHP
    #52 – Jonatan Machado, CF
    #53 – Victor Garcia, RF
    #54 – Jake Dahlberg, LHP
    #55 – Chris Ellis, RHP

Voting is now open for #56-60

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#56-Ludwin Jimenez. People really voted for a couple of punch n Judy rookie ball hitters who couldn’t hit the ball out of a paper bag, including Garcia who was supposed to be powerful and hit but one tater in the GCL…over Ludwin the Magnificent?? C’mon, people! FACT: Ludwin can throw a penny through a metal plate. Jonathan Machado can’t even lift a metal plate. FACT 2: Ludwin Jimenez led his team in strikeouts at age 16! Victor Garcia was too young to shave at age 16. VOTE FOR LUDWIN

57-Austin Warner
    58-Justin Toerner
    59-Nick Dunn
    60-Carlos Soler

flood21
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

56. Dobzanski
    57. Jackson
    58. Puello
    59. Dunn
    60. Carlos Soler

Wiley
    Participant

Free

56. Justin Toerner – Minor league marvel and 2018 draft.
    57. Jesus Cruz – He just strikes people out!
    58. Zach Prendergast – Independent league signing. He’s very, very good
    59. Jeremy Martinez – An excellent back-up catching prospect.
    60. Andrew Morales – Should get himself a 2019 callup.

It’s amazing how varied our opinions are on the prospects. I had Chris Ellis rated 124th and Conor Capel 119th.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Pads let’s go to 75 at least. Still got to get in those DSL arms.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56) Jesus Cruz
    57) Yariel Gonzalez
    58) Andrew Warner
    59) Julio Puello
    60) Jacob Schlesener, his strikeouts intrigue me, a good chance of being at least a LOOGY

PadsFS
    Participant

My votes:

#56 – Jeremy Martinez, CA
    #57 – Carlos Soler, CF
    #58 – Juan Yepez, 3B
    #59 – Angel Rondon, RHP
    #60 – Nick Dunn, 2B

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s just not like DesMet to simply vanish at this stage of the voting. The first 40-50 picks are pretty much elementary. We are at the point now where it takes some study and diligence. It’s not for everyone. For all of you remaining posters who are still in the voting ballgame, the next time you gleam into a mirror, give yourself a whale of a smile for your knowledge and doggedness perseverance. And this is exactly the juncture where a fellow such as DesMet shines bright…..
    hence the concern for his absence. If he is not back by the crack of dawn on Monday, I’m going to suggest to Pads that we all observe a minute of silence for our friend at exactly 2:35p on Monday, October 29th. Thank you.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

56.Soler
    57.Rondon
    58.Robertson
    59.Y.Gonzalez
    60.Adonas Cruz

Bob Cobb
    Participant

Paid - Annual

#56 – Anthony Shew, rhp

#57 – Yariel Gonzalez, inf-of

#58 – Angel Rondon, rhp

#59 – Jeremy Martinez, c

#60 – Austin Warner, lhp

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Nick Dunn 2B
    57.Zach Jackson C
    58. Justin Toerner OF
    59.Kramer Robertson SS
    60.Austin Warner LP ( got to vote for the hometown kid)

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Soler
    57. Rondon
    58. Jimenez
    59. Yepez
    60. Puello

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

56. Yariel Gonzalez
    57. Zach Pendergast
    58. Jeremy Martinez
    59. Stanley Espinal
    60. Justin Toerner

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Just a reminder to make sure you get those names that matter most to you on the table now! I will be taking your top 65 to average in with my 65 and Derek Shore’s 65 to develop the site top 50 for 2019. That countdown begins in just two and a half weeks!

Thanks again to everyone who is and has contributed.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

There sure is a lot of love for the DSL. Too much in my opinion.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

56) Ramon Mendoza
    Young for the DSL at 17, Mendoza split his season between the keystone and hot corner and slashed .310/.420/.500 for a stellar 162 wRC+.

57) Angel Rondon

58) Juan Yepez

59) Ludwin Jimenez

60) Carlos Soto
    Big backstop should have gotten my vote much earlier but I simply forgot about him. Sorry, Carlos, you’re top 30-35 in the organization by my lights, if not a bit better. Soto was 18 for the first month of the season, and was an above average hitter in both the Appy and Gulf Coast Leagues in 2018. Gunned an excellent 42% of baserunners after 36% last year. Too many errors right now, but he did reduce the passed balls this year. Solid career BB/K ratio of 57/72 in 105 pro games.

Forgive us our enthusiasm for the DSL kids, Black Hills. It was a collective great season for the pair of Redbird representative squads, and this is reflected in the number of outstanding individual performances by young guys, especially position players. Strongest by the Cards ever, and stronger by far than any other MLB organization in 2018. It’s very unlikely to ever be repeated, so let’s enjoy it while we can.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Robert Reed, Sorry to temper your DSL enthusiasm but the Rangers and Rays both had higher winning %s in the DSL than the Cardinals (each with 2 teams also). So yes, the Cardinals were good, but not far better than any organization. In fact, not even the best.

UncleDenny
    Participant

56 Julio Pueblo
    57 Angel Rondon
    58 Ryan Dobzanski
    59 Nick Dunn
    60 Carlos Soler

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Robert Reed, Sorry to temper your DSL enthusiasm but the Rangers and Rays both had higher winning %s in the DSL than the Cardinals (each with 2 teams also). So yes, the Cardinals were good, but not far better than any organization. In fact, not even the best.

My guess is that he’s referring to youth performing at a high level. We already know about Malcom Nunez, De Los Santos, Soler, Jimenez and others. None of those guys are older than 18, so these aren’t a bunch of old for level guys who are dominating the kids.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

You are correct, 25.

The “outstanding individual performances by young guys” was what I was referencing when I said the team was the strongest ever, etc.. My phrasing should have been more clear. Sorry for the confusion, CC.

So I guess I should elaborate a little. In the DSL there were 44 total teams. How much better than the rest were the young Cards? Among 17-and-unders, the Cards had 3 of the top 4 in the entire league in terms of wRC+ (min. 100 PA’s). In terms of 18-and-under, the Birds had 5 of the top 12.

grenadier1
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

56. Jean Selmo – Sweet swing with lots of potential. Good arm for a corner outfielder.

57. Zach Jackson – Big lefty with power. If he can stay behind the plate and tap in to the raw power consistently, he’s gonna be a big time prospect soon.

58. Nick Dunn – Contact oriented college hitter who performed pretty well in his first taste of pro ball. Projects a lot like Max Schrock to me. Maybe not quite as good of a hit tool.

59. Juan Yepez – Struggled more than most in the FSL. Started to turn it around towards the end of the year. Has some really good 1B/3B behind/with him (Montero and Baker specifically) that will take time away if he doesn’t get back towards the 198 wRC+ hitter we saw in Peoria

60. Justin Toerner – Probably assigned to low by the Cards last year. Really took off at the end of the year and ended up in PB. Should be interesting to see if the Cards return him to PB or if they really challenge him with Springfield. Really excited to see if the 28th rounder’s play was a hot streak or a true diamond in the rough.

Wiley
    Participant

Free

Does anyone know who we are going to lose as minor league free agents this year?

vegasjim
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have been high on Carlos Soto since his signing and his hitting ability was being mentioned in a positive light. He started fast sharing time at JC and appeared to hit his way into the lineup at a higher frequency. He seemed to slump a little and before you knew it he was sent back to the GCL. Where he continued to struggle to produce at the plate. Will probably have in my next 5.

But overall seemed his year kind of ended on the negative. When he was hot and was one of the top 3 hitters with Gorman and Cedeno at JC, I had some vision of him jumping to start 2019 Peoria. Seems unlikely now the way the season ended.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian posted this article October 5th. But you never know if any of some them have been resigned. https://thecardinalnation.com/projected-2018-cardinals-minor-league-free-agents/

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

56. Ascanio

57. “Taming of The” Shew

58. Y. Gonzalez

59. L. Jimenez

60. Juan “Yep” Yepez

Gracias senor Padsarillio

Viewing 25 posts - 551 through 575 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.