Woodford

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Outstanding call CardsFan333

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully Woodford exceeds everyone’s expectations. I suspect we may see him tonight or tomorrow to try to stretch some innings.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wow, the club finally did the right thing here. I know it’s not great to be paying a guy for no production. But it’s not like this is the infamous Mets-Bonilla deal.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The only worry I have is they are gonna use him in Colorado where almost every visiting pitcher struggles a bit and if he struggles which he might, they are going to use that as an excuse to bury him again. I hope not but just seems like timing is weird.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After the pitching we got last night Woody is bound to look good.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

You would think. Stratton and McFarland are in StL over him???

bccran
    Participant

McFarland is gone, ZTR. Stratton may be next to go.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Short honeymoon. Stratton has only pitched in three games.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Stratton has allowed a .706 BABIP in his brief stint with St Louis. That’s comically high. I’m not saying that he’s our next Gallegos, but he will certainly be better than he has been.

bccran
    Participant

How did Woodford do today?

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I guess good based upon the stat line. Didn’t watch so can’t say. Better than VerHagen would’ve done. lol

CardsFan333
    Participant

Free

Woodford looked very sharp. went 1 2/3, with 1h, 2ks, 0 r, 0 bb.
    Now back home to get the Brewers. Hope we can win the series, a sweep would be nice.!
    Keep giving Woody chances, his stuff looks very solid.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I watched the game. Hudson still very so, so. Hicks and Cabby both did not look good at all.
    Then Woodford pitched the 7th and 8th, and was Very Sharp. Breaking stuff was there, fastball command and velo up to 94. The kid can simply pitch!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Is McFarland gone? He just pitched against the Rockies didn’t he?

bccran
    Participant

McFarland has been cut.

Wonder why it took them so long to wake up to Woodford? And with the windmill in left field. why it’s taking them so long to bring up Burly?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Must be a conspiracy.

bccran
    Participant

No, just judgement. I wonder what Gary L. would say about Woody and Burly. If he thinks they’re both ready.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I will comment more about yesterdays game elsewhere, but saw Woodford pitch live and he was easily the best looking hurler of the four used (Hudson, Hicks, Cabrera the others).

Hudson and Hicks had their same issues, poor command. Both have good stuff but they just do not throw enough strikes.

Woody came in and stopped the bleeding, consistently hitting the strike zone with what appeared to be good movement on his pitches.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree with you bikemike. Wood looked very good. Now a day or two off and get him out there again.!
    Lets get these Brewers now!!!

bccran
    Participant

Wonder if Woodford in the future would be better in the rotation or in the bullpen.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure what there is left to say about Woodford and Burleson. It has been analyzed every which way from Sunday. Reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day.

bccran
    Participant

I guess they’re a decent topic, gscottar, or they wouldn’t be getting so much attention. And also because of the Cardinals obvious needs in long relief and in the outfield.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’d like to see Woodford in the bullpen this year. Then, next spring I’d like to see him win a spot in the rotation.

Nest spring, the competition for a rotation spot is going to be strong. I’m attributing Hudson’s lack of success to lack of structure during the last offseason because of the labor conflict. So, I expect him to right his ship between now and spring training, and if that happens, the rotation should already be set for 2023 with Hudson, Wainwright, Mikolas, Quintana (they almost have to bring Quintana back because of his success so far), and Montgomery. That leaves Pallante, Woodford, Liberatore, Matz, Zack Thompson, and maybe Hicks trying to find a way into the rotation.

One other thing I want to say is that I don’t understand why there’s talk of trading O’Neill. He’s just coming into his prime. I think they should extend him, not trade him.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Beating A Dead Horse

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Mudville, you forgot Martz. They are not going tô pay him 11 million tô be the long man out of the pen.

The reality is that barring trades and due tô options Woodford may very well find himself starting next year in Memphis no matter how well he does this year.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.