Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2019-2020

Viewing 5 posts - 2,026 through 2,030 (of 2,030 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m not trying to be a boo-bird on Jagers idea, I know how hard it is to just come close on lining up players.

Haniger might be done. I don’t believe even SEA knows what to expect. A herniated disk surgery is serious stuff when swinging a golf club or bat. And hey, he might be fine too, but it’s that risk that causes clubs to wait and see proof one way or the other.

The risk is we could be giving Gant away, and he’s been valuable as a Cardinal. As far as the roster implications, I agree with trading from depth, but taking a medical flier on Haniger could also be worse than what we received from the OF this season. I’d pass at this time.

Participant

Paid - Annual

To be honest I don’t think there is anyone on Seattle’s roster that I would want, at least not position players.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

If Lindor really wants to play for a big market team, that’s his business. We certainly don’t want a player here who doesn’t particularly want to play for the Cardinals organization and it’s fan base. That leaves us with Arenado who does want to play here, or we continue to build from within.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mud, there’s still Baez, Correa, Seager and Story hitting the market next year. Unless they all return to their same teams, there will be some options out there. I might like Seager more than Lindor, actually.

Viewing 5 posts - 2,026 through 2,030 (of 2,030 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years