TCN’s 2021 Top 50 Prospect List Countdown

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum TCN’s 2021 Top 50 Prospect List Countdown

Viewing 12 posts - 326 through 337 (of 337 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You wrote “all I know.” I made a joke. Guess it went over your head.

Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s probably a different way to say that. Like “I guess wasn’t clear enough that it was a joke”. Just a difference in style. Some accuse. Others take the blame on themselves.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Here’s question, 25. Whom in the system as far as outfield prospects are you genuinely excited about? That could make a real difference in the next several years. If you know my history of posting on this forum and others, you know that I’m often accused of looking at prospects in a way that’s too positive. Maybe it’s why I look at Garcia as someone who had possibilities.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

What about Evan Sisk for lefty reliever? Former University of Charleston Cougar crafty southpaw.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On the CF concern, I think Justin Toerner is going to be a CF and may surprise some people. Should get a good look at him at Memphis this year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Of course, there are lefty relievers in the system, but none were voted into the top 50, including Sisk. That is why the position is open on the All-Prospect Team.

Though unrelated to the site top 50, Sisk was not included in the community vote for the top 75 prospects, either. Perhaps he will emerge in the seasons ahead.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Toerner – The 24 year old former 28th round pick (Cal State Northride Matador) has mainly played RF, but has also had a little time in LF and CF. The 5’10 175 lbs. outfielder probably profiles as AAAA or a 5th major league outfielder. He was doing well at Palm Beach in 2019 and was promoted to Springfield where he had some problems, hitting .211.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is an entire article about Toerner here, including an in-depth scouting report, and it is free.

TCN 2021 St. Louis Cardinals Prospect #40 – Justin Toerner

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The community at large was higher on Toerner at #32 than either Brian or Matt. I was higher on Toerner than anyone else here, voting him starting at #27. I like the profile as a hard playing, lefty swinging CFer. I just have a hunch that he makes it. Could be wrong.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, Brian, I did read all the write ups in the Countdown because there was just one a day. Great write ups. Thank you.
    Toerner is just another yawner outfielder that we have from AAA/AA on down. Nothing to get excited about. None really projected to become a starter at the major league level except perhaps Fletcher. And maybe an outside shot for Torres if he can turn it around. IMHO we’re weak up and down the system in the outfield. Main hope IMHO (although 25 doesn’t care for it) is that several of Montero, Gorman, Nunez, and Walker will end up out there ala Piscotty.

Viewing 12 posts - 326 through 337 (of 337 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years