Spring training 2019 games thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training 2019 games thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards win 6-1 to improve to 2-1-1 on the spring. Dakota Hudson starts against the Braves on Wednesday. Another radio game.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

If you are looking for an archive of the audio, you can still find it (now enhanced to be inning by inning) on MLB.com. I can only access it from my laptop PC. I’m pretty sure it uses JavaScript and thus is not available on the mlb at bat app for the iPhone.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am thinking by this time next year, possibly sooner, that Edman may be the utility guy. The early results look like he is a better hitter, runner, and fielder than Munoz, but Munoz has more pop in his bat.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Today’s game is 0-0 in the sixth. Hudson and Gomber with two strong innings each.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would what Munoz has done be similar to a Gordie Howe hat trick, a goal, an assist and a fight? Although there are few real fights in baseball.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When Cecil came in and gave up a leadoff double, my first reaction was deja vu all over again. Glad he pitched himself out of the inning. I bet he’s feeling pretty good right now. There’s hope for Cecil until there’s not.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Atlanta scored four in the eighth against Seth Elledge. Two walks, a wild pitch and several balls on the infield contributed. Scoring change to give Sosa an error means only one run is earned.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Gallegos fans the side in the ninth, but the Cards lose to Atlanta, 4-0. St. Louis is 2-2-1 on the spring.

Thursday brings Mikolas vs. LH Jason Vargas of the Mets. Another radio game.

bccran
    Participant

Gallegos might be a solid sleeper to make the pen. 57 Ks in 43 AAA innings last season. Cup of coffee with both the Yankees and the Cardinals. Had some time with the Yankees also in 2017.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think his spring line is 2IP 1 hit, 1 er, 0bb, 6k.
    He has fanned all but the guy who hit the homer.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thursday’s lineup behind Mikolas, and then Flaherty:

1. Matt Carpenter (L) 3B
    2. Dexter Fowler (S) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Jose Martinez (R) LF
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) DH
    6. Yairo Munoz (R) SS
    7. Drew Robinson (L) 2B
    8. Francisco Pena (R) C
    9. Randy Arozarena (R) CF

Gant is Friday’s scheduled starter with Andrew Miller slated to make his Cards debut.

14NyquisT
    Participant

The only time Gordie Howe’s name should appear here is if the topic is “Pro Team’s All-Time stars” along with Stan Musial. And Howe would have the edge there. If you never got a chance to see him play, I can tell you if Gretzky is the apple, Howe was the orange. GH simply the best ever. Sorry Wayne.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

P.S. I will be on the road through the long weekend, so it would be great if community members post the lineups and recaps if I am not around. Thanks.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter homered to lead off the home first. Mikolas induced a double play to help him in the first and had two on base in the second. No damage but not too sharp.

(I’ve already learned today that the Mets spring training facility is a mile north of St. Louis’. Is it me or as Mike Shannon is getting order, is he saying “uh” more and more? Seems like in every sentence when calling play by play.)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty getting knocked around a bit in his second inning of work. The Mets take a 2-1 lead in the 5th with runners still on 2nd and 3rd.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We get Angel Hernandez as home plate ump again? How could we be so lucky?

PadsFS
    Participant

Fowler is going to have to do something this spring to justify his place on the roster.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Robinson took some criticism on the radio for a couple of miscues at second today.

wagee12
    Participant

With all due respect to a great Cardinal, Shannon should have retired five years ago. His corny jokes and laughing at them himself is tedious. Rick Horton ain’t all that, but I would much rather listen to him than Shannon on the radio broadcasts.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cards lose 3-2 on Thursday with a spring record of 2-3-1.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Horton is a joke. He consistently talks about stuff that he has no clue about.

NJ315
    Participant

wagee12 I totally agree

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’d rather hear Thompson and Edmonds than Ricky Horton anyday.

Fowler ST watch. 0-7 2K but he’s working counts. lol

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.