Spring training 2019 games thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training 2019 games thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Since there are relatively few in-game comments for spring training games, I am going to try one thread for all of the games this spring. There is another thread to discuss our game thread approach for this season. Please comment about that there. Thanks.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CMarts injury should give us a better look at the other potential starters’ candidates. It’s way too early to predict either a DL stint or relief role yet for him.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals spring training opener to air on FOX Sports Midwest Plus this Saturday

Cardinals baseball is back. The Cardinals will open Grapefruit League play Saturday (Feb. 23) at 12 p.m. CT against the Miami Marlins. It’s the first of 15 spring training games that will be televised by FOX Sports Midwest.

Saturday’s game will air on FOX Sports Midwest Plus, due to overlap with Blues hockey on FOX Sports Midwest. Dan McLaughlin and Rick Horton will call the action. Cardinals-Marlins will also stream live on FOX Sports GO (streaming link: https://a.fsgo.com/X3RSQ1JzuU).

Channel numbers for FOX Sports Midwest Plus can be found below, along with the FOX Sports Midwest spring training telecast schedule. The Cardinals will continue exhibition play Sunday against Washington and Monday vs. Detroit; both games will air on FOX Sports Midwest.

Saturday, Feb. 23 | Spring Training: St. Louis Cardinals at Miami Marlins | 12 p.m. CT

FOX Sports Midwest Plus Channel Numbers
    Video Provider FOX Sports Midwest Plus SD FOX Sports Midwest Plus HD
    Throughout Cardinals TV Territory
    AT&T U-verse 747 1747
    DirecTV 671-1 671-1
    Dish 441, 412-29 442, 412-29
    St. Louis area
    Cable America — Maryland Heights, Mo. 22
    Consolidated — Charleston, Ill. 181 181
    Fidelity — Sullivan, Mo. 72 472
    Grafton Technologies — Jerseyville, Ill. 78 789
    Highland Communications — Highland, Ill. 51 551
    HomeTel — Madison, Ill. 1196
    HTC Communications — Monroe, Ill. 77 1077
    Madison Communications — Macoupin, Ill. 26 26
    New Wave — Carlinville, Greenville, Jerseyville, Litchfield, Sparta, Taylorville, Ill. 80 208
    Spectrum — St. Louis 75 or 213 826
    Wabash Communications — Salem, Ill. 97 97
    Downstate Illinois
    Cass — Virginia, Ill. 197
    New Wave — DuQuoin, Olney, Newton, Ill. 80 208
    New Wave — Anna, Ill. 2
    Xfinity – Illinois 524 520
    Mid-Missouri, Southeast Missouri, Southwest Missouri
    Cable America — Republic, St. Robert, Mo. 58 1058
    CableOne — Joplin, Mo. 170
    CableOne – Kirksville, Mo. 56
    Centurylink — Columbia, Mo. 749 1749
    Spectrum — Cape Girardeau, Mid-Mo. 75 826
    Fidelity – Mid-Missouri 72 472
    Mediacom — Columbia, Jefferson City, Mo. 126
    Mediacom — Springfield, Mo. 126
    Suddenlink — Branson, Mo. 39 39
    Iowa
    Cedar Falls Utilities — Cedar Falls, Iowa. 23 23
    Mediacom – Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Iowa 34 833
    Muscatine Power & Water — Muscatine, Iowa 67 67
    Southwest Indiana
    New Wave – Pike, Ind. 80 208
    Spectrum – Evansville, Ind. 2, 12.1, 505
    WOW – Evansville, Ind. 103
    Streaming TV Services
    Check listings for channel location.
    fuboTV
    Hulu with Live TV
    PlayStation Vue
    Sling TV
    YouTubeTV
    Note: FOX Sports Midwest Plus is coming soon to DirecTV Now.

Check local listings for additional channel numbers.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cox Cable in Northwest Arkansas has Fox Sports Midwest on Channel 81.

1982 willie
    Participant

hey thanks b Walton for that information about the game being on plus. I hate it cause that means its going to be on a non hd channel but at least ill get to watch it.

1982 willie
    Participant

im just ready to watch some baseball. im really interested in seeing how miller responds this spring. im expecting them to move slow with him at first.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know it’s only an exhibition affair, but I want this opener vs the Fish in the worst way! Let’s get in the habit of doing one thing as a team right off the bat here in ’19…..WINNING!! Let’s win every single goll darn grapefruit game and carry that right over into the regular season and beyond!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Word from Jupiter is that Saturday’s first two batters will be Wong and Fowler. Terrible choices as neither one of them have a hit this spring! 😉

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yet another instance of Mo’s failing as a GM! 😂

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

Pugs:

It’s gall-darned not goll darn.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Or dagnabit….or something along those lines…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I sit (presently not standing) corrected, Nate. Boy, with the mounds of snow and ice that we have here in the frozen tundra, it’s sure hard to believe that it’s here…..America’s favorite pastime has returned. And with baseball’s emergence, so to shall we witness the re-blossoming of one, William Dexter Fowler. You really cannot keep a good man down too long. And that in a nutshell is the dilemma facing pitchers, as they see Mr. Fowler stroll plateward with lumber in hand here in 2019.

Anyone else worried about yesterday’s bust of Patriots owner, Robert Kenneth “John” Kraft in beautiful Jupiter, Florida? They say of the roughly 200 Johns who have or will soon be implicated at the famed Orchids of Asia spa, a handful of the frisky offenders are names that we will recognize…….which should worry we Redbird fans. Fortunately, other than our GM, I do not see any “Johns” on our roster. Should we worry about former Cardinals such as John Tudor or Jon Jay? Stay tuned.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fowler is not starting, after all… Goold wrote about an intent to start Wong, DeJong and Bader together this spring.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Orchids of Asia really has me scared stiff! Many of you like Brian and Cranny know our players and their makeup. Any insight on if we Cards fans should be worried, gentlemen?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Fowler will be in Sunday’s lineup.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great, Shildt starts Ravelo over Goldy?? Must be a Mo initiative to try to get cheaper. 😉😂

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I always love these early games. Get to see the really young kids. Especially the catchers

Hope helsley and elledge get in.

Urias I want to see. And I’d love to see
    Okeefe and Rodriguez

I am interested in what Layne does

And I curious as well about what Ravelo shows he could be a surprise

bccran
    Participant

Agree….. nice to see Rangel get a start.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Because Ravelo finished winter play in the Caribbean Series less than two weeks ago, he was already in full playing shape. I wrote about him winning a 1-0 game with his legs (members).

Cardinal Minor Leaguer Arauz Stars in Caribbean Series Final

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Doubled off 1B by the LF’r with a runner on 2B? Wait, what?
    O my

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The play was right in front of Bader. No excuse for being over-aggressive, especially with a runner just ahead of him. I hope he gets that out of his system.

1982 willie
    Participant

I love Harrison bader but he has to learn how to run the bases better. sure its early but that’s not something like hitting where it takes some time to get your timing down and such. when you are the trail runner, there is no reason to get thrown out going back to the bag on a caught flyball in the outfield.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing wrong with experimenting with the lineups in the early Spring games. I would love for us to find someone who can give us quality ab’s in the 2nd spot because Goldy should always hit 3rd in my opinion.

By the way I have nothing against Ravelo. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity but where is the love for my boy Nogowski??? I know he didn’t have a great winter ball season but I was hoping he would have received a NRI.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sorry, gscottar, but Nogowski did not even receive a STEP Camp invite this year so lower odds we will see him on TV this spring. Also, with Ravelo back, it is tough to see how there will be room for him at Memphis without injury to others.

Game tied at 1-1 in the fourth. A throwing error put DeJong on third, from where he was plated by a bloop single from Gyorko.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.