Marcell Ozuna

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Marcell Ozuna

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Of course there is technically a chance Ozuna could accept the qualifying offer – until the very last moment when the decision is made. But holding out hope is unrealistic. The reasons why not far outweigh the very slim chance it could happen. The good news is that this will play out quickly and not linger all winter. Then everyone can move on.

skippy mckillskippy mckill
    Participant

Free

I think it’s more probable than it would have been a couple years ago, as teams have shown that they don’t want to give up the draft pick compensation unless it’s a first tier FA. You’re not going to have everyone competing for your services, and even the ones who do are going to back the value of the draft pick out of what they will offer you. But it’s still pretty much a no-brainer to sign a guaranteed long-term contract in this sport when you can. I’d rather sign for $65M today than $17 and hope I don’t get injured or just flame out in the next 12 months, and Scott Boras isn’t even my agent.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

According to a report out of the Dominican, Ozuna will be announced on Monday as joining the White Sox. This has not yet been confirmed by the usual suspects, I mean sources.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

I would like to see an end to this topic.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The compensatory draft pick will live on…

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Ozuna to the White Sox seems reasonable. That club is taking the next step to be competitive now.

Another one might be San Diego, where he would join another former Cardinal in their outfield. They are ready to compete as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years